Got the right size tires on the MF1010

/ Got the right size tires on the MF1010 #1  

handirifle

Veteran Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1010
Well I switched out the 6-12's for the 5-12's and I have to say, it does sound better. I hear the same sound (like gears straining) about 1/10 as much as before, so the drivetrain is most likely happier.

I am not, however. I find that it seems a little quicker to want to tip in the front, and it definately has less traction in the front end. I guess that's what it was supposed to be like.

Has anyone ever reversed the front rims on a 4x4 MF1010, to make it a wider track? It looks as though someone did that on the rear wheels, since the inflation valve is on the inside of the wheel.

I know for trucks, there are usually spacers that widen the wheelbase, if so desired.

/ Got the right size tires on the MF1010 #2  
For reversing the front tires, just take the left tire and rim and put it on the right side and vice vesa. You can see in my picture that i have reversed the front tires on my Yanmar once. it was very simple but I swiched them back so i could get between trees when im working in the woods. I have the Simplicity 9518 (same as massey 1010). glad to know there's people out there with a similar tractor.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 1-25-10 023.jpg
    1-25-10 023.jpg
    950.3 KB · Views: 444
   / Got the right size tires on the MF1010 #3  
Glad to know you got it taken care of.

As to dishing the tires in or out, for the 4x4 model, the manual says ag tires cannot be dished out on the front. Maybe they changed that on later models. I assume what they mean is it won't change anything.

Have fun with your 1010!

/ Got the right size tires on the MF1010
Johndeere
Thanks for the pic. Yours looks a lot wider. Yea the little MF is fun, sometime more power would be nice, but I just have to learn patience. Besides, I need the experience and practice.
Lambs
There is definately a dished side to the front rims, and the rear. I think I'll give it a try tomorrow, these little tires really made a difference.

My property isn't major hills but small ones with some sharp angles from my landscape work, and sometimes it's downright spooky. So much that I have to use the FEL a LOT to keep her where she ought to be. I really don't like that either.
Hopefully this will help.

/ Got the right size tires on the MF1010
OK swapped them around tonight, but didn't get to test em out yet. Fit with no issues. The added about 5" to either side of wheel base.