Got tired of waiting

/ Got tired of waiting
Here are the picture I promised you in the PM.

Here is how the blade was sitting before I raised it. It is sitting a little low in the front but it is close to level.

20130202_154145_zps1fcba0be.jpg

Here is the blade @ 23.5''

20130202_153909_zps8bfa6391.jpg

20130202_153945_zpsf00c23c8.jpg

My toplink will go shorter but not much so I could get a little more lift.

20130202_154156_zpsd98f0d3c.jpg

Are those picture with the toplink shortened all the way? My blade would sit about like that if mine was shortened all the way. Do you know how high it is picking up the blade?
I measured 11 1/2 inches to the floor, with the toplink screwed in farther than your picture. I have no threads left at all. But this was without leveling the blade.

Thank you for taking the time to measure it, and post pictures.

Last edited:
   / Got tired of waiting
Thanks! I'm considering the yellow one. I think I get it now - make sure the horizontal plane of the blade is perpendicular to the vertical of the shaft and the top hitch. If both side pins are the same measurement from the ground, in the mounted position, then it should be pretty level, work ok and in this position make sure the blade spins all the way around as it should. Is this right?
Yes. And just to put into perspective how critical it is that the blade be welded as straight as possibe..........that 1/4" that it was out, eguate to 1 1/2 inches from one one of the blade to the other. But, when the blade was reversed, the higher section was also reversed on the blade. I was able to get it leveled with the adjustable link on my 3pt. , but I had to pick a 'happy medium' cause one side or the other will always be a little lower. For what I'm doing, it isn't critical. But some applications would render this blade pretty much worthless.

/ Got tired of waiting #13  
Yes. And just to put into perspective how critical it is that the blade be welded as straight as possibe..........that 1/4" that it was out, eguate to 1 1/2 inches from one one of the blade to the other. But, when the blade was reversed, the higher section was also reversed on the blade. I was able to get it leveled with the adjustable link on my 3pt. , but I had to pick a 'happy medium' cause one side or the other will always be a little lower. For what I'm doing, it isn't critical. But some applications would render this blade pretty much worthless.

I guess I should bring a tape and a square with me when I'm ready to shop/buy. I've read where some blades were as much as 5" off from one side to the other, though I'm sure I could eye that much. I thought these cheaper made ones were massed produced on assembly lines by computers. You'd think the QC would be much higher. But even if welded on a jig by hand, you'd think they'd have stricter standards before they go out the door. I haven't seen them at my local TSC, I guess they must be on a rack outside somewhere - I hope they have several to ensure I'd get a straight one.
Thanks very much for your direction and advice, at least now I know 'which gun to bring'.

/ Got tired of waiting
I guess I should bring a tape and a square with me when I'm ready to shop/buy. I've read where some blades were as much as 5" off from one side to the other, though I'm sure I could eye that much. I thought these cheaper made ones were massed produced on assembly lines by computers. You'd think the QC would be much higher. But even if welded on a jig by hand, you'd think they'd have stricter standards before they go out the door. I haven't seen them at my local TSC, I guess they must be on a rack outside somewhere - I hope they have several to ensure I'd get a straight one.
Thanks very much for your direction and advice, at least now I know 'which gun to bring'.
Check the storeroom. Should be a set of double doors, leading into a very large storage area.

/ Got tired of waiting #15  
Can you return the blade and just get a different one? If it was out of line enough to not grade right, or have to adjust a bunch of stuff to get it to do that, I would take it right back.

/ Got tired of waiting #16  
Check the storeroom. Should be a set of double doors, leading into a very large storage area.

They have the implements outside around here.

/ Got tired of waiting #18  
Sometimes it pays to avoid TSC and hit a dealer where much better quality stuff can be bought.

/ Got tired of waiting #19  
Sometimes it pays to avoid TSC and hit a dealer where much better quality stuff can be bought.

Only prob there is my dealer wants to make a fortune on each thing he sells - even the used ones and seems to want to sell me the 6' and 7' ones, which most here (TBN) say are too big for my small 18hp, I want to drag it around not have it drag me. For my needs and (lack of) skill level - just spreading dirt to even out the yard and to occasionally spread gravel on the driveway, a lighter cheapo unit I believe will be quite adequet.

/ Got tired of waiting #20  
Only prob there is my dealer wants to make a fortune on each thing he sells - even the used ones and seems to want to sell me the 6' and 7' ones, which most here (TBN) say are too big for my small 18hp, I want to drag it around not have it drag me. For my needs and (lack of) skill level - just spreading dirt to even out the yard and to occasionally spread gravel on the driveway, a lighter cheapo unit I believe will be quite adequet.

I would find a different dealer.