Gotta be an easier way to learn ...

/ Gotta be an easier way to learn ... #31  
Cool thanks Harv.

Can't say I have ever come across these gadgets over here.

I guess we either slash (bush hog) it or mow it, or use the brushcutter. But I sure can see some uses for it. I mow my dam wall with a push mower as it is too steep to slash, but push mowers don't handle long grass real well.

We do have something similar to the field & brush mower you refer to, but not many around. Us fatties prefer to ride on the mower, thus reducing the amount of excercise we get to the bare minimum /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Cheers

/ Gotta be an easier way to learn ... #32  
Yep you are right bird. We have a few of the "Weedeater" brand, but not many. Yes I should refer to it as a string trimmer.

I am impressed by the DR website that Harv showed me. We don't have those thingies here /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

Maybe, along with snake skin boots, I could go into the importing business????

Then again a little birdy tells me there may be one for sale in Texas in the near future /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Gotta be an easier way to learn ... #33  
Harv, What have you been doing, just letting the trimmer run till it runs out of gas/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Gotta be an easier way to learn ... #34  
<font color=blue>just letting the trimmer run till it runs out of gas</font color=blue>

Yep! Stops it real good, too.
wink.gif

Fact is, the thing's got a single-lever control up on the handle, which I assumed was just for the throttle. Guess I was assumin' you just starved it to shut 'er down.
crazy.gif
Never dawned on me that every motor I've ever had on anything had an ignition shutoff, too. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

Remember, Robert, I was the one that had to call you on the phone just to figure out how to change the oil on my tractor. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Gotta be an easier way to learn ... #35  
Harv,

<font color=blue> Remember, Robert, I was the one that had to call you on the phone just to figure out how
to change the oil <font color=red>on</font color=red> my tractor.</font color=blue>

The easy way to change the oil on a tractor is to wipe it off with a rag and pour on fresh!

Chuck

/ Gotta be an easier way to learn ... #36  
<font color=blue>wipe it off with a rag and pour on fresh!</font color=blue>

Man, did I do it the hard way! /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif