Governor Spring Kawasaki

/ Governor Spring Kawasaki #1  

The Great Outdoors

Tractor
John Deere 7H17
Hi everyone, hoping someone can help me out with this.

A little background........
I replaced one of the heads on my Kawasaki John Deere 7H17FH541V (overheated as i didn't know about the sweating under the cowling thing)
I replaced all the gaskets, adjusted the valves, new synthetic oil and filter, air filter, etc. Did not touch any of the carb settings)

Starts and runs fine etc. but I have to have the choke on half way after starting (choke on to start), either up or down it will die.
Also if I lower the speed the engine will die.
Starts to run rough after maybe 5 minutes of mowing so I am going to remove and clean the carb (I did spray carb cleaner in it)

Now there is a governor spring (horizontal at the top looks like) that I don't know where it goes too (link below)

The spring is part number 92145A and I can't find in any diagram where this attaches too, I know I had it in the wrong place once I saw the pic.

Governor

So just wondering asking where this spring goes, I have a 480V (Quick 36) and I cannot see the spring on that one anywhere and it is supposed to have it too (it tends to surge a bit)

So just wondering asking where this spring goes, I have a 480V (Quick 36) and I cannot see the spring on that one anywhere and it is supposed to have it too (it tends to surge a bit)

Any help or other suggestions would be much welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean