Govt. Bull

/ Govt. Bull #1  

cowboydoc

Tractor
JD 8320 MFWD, JD 6415 MFWD, FEL, and cab, John Deere MFWD 4600, John Deere 4020, John Deere 4430, John Deere 455 mower, Deutz, and Gehl 4610 perkins skidsteer
Well this is why I never get involved with govt. programs. When I bought this other piece of ground the first of this year it was still in CRP with the govt. but was set to come out this fall. The payment on the ground is due on Oct. 1st from the govt. Oct. 15th no check so I call them. Well they are having a hard time figuring out the prorate part between myself and the previous owner. Nevermind that I took them all the settlement papers and everything back in April. Nov. 1 still no check so I call again. Well we don't know how to split it up now. Hmm give me my part and the previous owner his part, rocket science right? Then they didn't think that it was actually as many acres as was said when the looked at it. Nevermind again the fact that they had already had 12 less acres that they were paying for than was there. Oh yes they do see that now. Ok now go to today. I called them up, as still no payment, and they say well you baled that ground so we're not going to give you the payment and you owe a penalty for baling it!! Nevermind again that the contract expired in Sept. Well we don't know when you baled it. I baled it after Sept. Well we are going to have to investigate this now. Yes ma'am but it is no longer in the govt. program. Well sir we signed you back up again. Now how could you sign me back up again without me signing anything after I already told you I didn't want to sign back up. Anyway this goes on and on for the last half hour. Then to make it worse the guy that handles it all is on vacation for two weeks. It's an absolute joke!!!

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ Govt. Bull #2  
Cowboydoc,

Your post says it all. No need to further complicate the issue. Gub'mint be Gub'mint and it can't change. /w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif

We all feel your pain. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

Terry

/ Govt. Bull #3  
CBDoc, why not drop it in your local Congressmans lap? Add some more fun to the mix. Sure can't hurt, and if he/she/it wants your vote, they'll make some inquiries and pressure a little better response to your dilema!
Now, if you BELIEVE that, I've got this little bridge crossin' a 'creek' down San Francisco way that we need to talk about!/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-82864-scruffy.jpg

/ Govt. Bull #4  
forget your congressman Doc, go right to the top. Call good 'ol Tom Harkin he'll set em straight Oops! forgot, not an election year so I guess you can disregard the previous suggestion. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

8-72214-signature.jpg

/ Govt. Bull
Oh it gets better you guys. I went over there to get a copy of the supposed new contract. It just happens that the director is there and I corner him to talk him. Well it turns out that they rolled over part of the ground but they weren't supposed to. But he can't do anything about it now since it's in the system. So now I have to go to a meeting Dec. 5th to explain the whole thing to the "committee" and they will make a ruling at that time whether or not I have a valid contract. Now remember there are no signed papers and the director admits they shouldn't have rolled the contract over but it still has to go before their committee and they will make the determination at that time. In the meantime they hold all payments until it's cleared up. I just don't understand how these people can get away with this kind of crap. Then he even tells me that this has happened before and usually they clear it up at the meeting. Really makes you wonder doesn't it.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ Govt. Bull #6  
CBDoc, I suppose the amounts can get quite high? Multiply that times the number of people in you situation, and the interest mounts up! One way to make up a budget shortfall ... on your bucks! Once they decide to pay, I'd go for the interest on your money!

18-82864-scruffy.jpg

/ Govt. Bull #7  
Richard,

I understand there are many types of govt. programs... but if you decided to participate and "take the money"... exactly what restrictions or limitations would be imposed on you and your property...?

In other words, couldn't someone accept the money, follow the rules, and still be able to do something with their property?

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ Govt. Bull
Scruffy,
Yea you know that if it was me or you it would be high interest but not with them. The penalty is basically the last ten years of rent plus a penalty!

John,
The govt. CRP aka pay the farmer not to farm and call it a conservation program, pays you not to use the land at all. You can't graze cattle on it, you can't mow it (except under very strict guidelines), you can't disturb the ground at all. It just has to sit period. If I decide to participate I am locked into another 10 years of the ground being like this. Plus I would have to pay them double their value of the hay plus a penalty even if I did stay in. I just got off the phone awhile ago with the lawyer and he said they are completely wrong but you still have to jump through their hurdles.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by cowboydoc on 11/16/01 04:54 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ Govt. Bull #9  
and thats the same caliber of folks that are going to be searching luggage at airports..does that make you feel safer?
heehaw