GR2020/2120 series mowers

/ GR2020/2120 series mowers #11  
Well, then my $8334 counter is not too far off from your $8400. Did you get the mulcher? If so, do you like it. I am also getting a snow blower, doubt you need that in Houston. Also asking for 1 free engine oil filter. I am trading in a 1993 Deere LX188 registering 550 hours with 48" mulching mower, 38" snowblower, 42" snow blade, extra belts, extra front set tires and rims, work shop manual, and engine oil filter. They offered $1250, I countered at $1500. If they agree, it is a go for me.

Any advice on the GR212o for me?

Thanks, Philip.

/ GR2020/2120 series mowers
No I didn't get mulcher, the soils need all the bio mass they can get. About to get on for third time, can't wait to do lawns now, going to try 2.75" this next time. Sounds like $8400 is the bottom, unless you get the bigger deck for same or less money. 54" was just going to be to big for me around all the oaks.

HS

/ GR2020/2120 series mowers #13  
Just signed paperwork on GR2120 with 48" mower for $8400. Got 10% off list for snowblower and mulch kit, plus 1 free engine oil filter. Agreed on my trade in price for Deere LX188 too. Pick it up by Saturday June 08! Thanks for help. Philip.

/ GR2020/2120 series mowers #14  
Congrats. I'm still waiting for mine to come in. Ordered it with the 54 inch deck and a blower

Put about 2.0 on the GR2120 today. It makes a real smooth cut. If you are a real stickler for a great cut I think you are going to like it allot.

HS

/ GR2020/2120 series mowers #16  
I had a GR 2110 and turned it in for a BX 2660 after a year of problems. From the sounds of things I should have waited one more year and got a GR2120. When it was running right I really like it. But it drove me nuts getting it fixed, under warranty luckily.

/ GR2020/2120 series mowers #17  
I looked at the BX series, but I already have a L3940, so the BX is too large for my needs. Plus, I do not need 3 point, pto, or FEL. The GR2120 fits the requirements perfectly! From what I have read, old issues are all worked out, and this improved model is dependable and well equipped compared to competition. Philip.

/ GR2020/2120 series mowers #18  
Not to jump in here on a tangent, but why do you suppose Kubota doesn't offer the typical rear garden tractor attachments for the GR series? I mean no tiller even. I can't think of any other maker of GTs, even Sears, that doesn't have at least a belt driven tiller for their garden tractors? It would seem the GR is more than capable to handle "garden" type attachments. I know they don't want it to compete too closely with the BX line, but it just seems they've severely stunted the use that can be made of the GR series. There's got to be plenty of buyers out there that don't want/need a SCUT, but do want a garden tractor to do small garden chores.

Could be its development is just now getting mature enough to add a pto and a line of small garden attachments. Seems like the logical next step for the diesel GR. used mine today, seems to run better as it gets a few hours on the clock.

HS

/ GR2020/2120 series mowers #20  
Not to jump in here on a tangent, but why do you suppose Kubota doesn't offer the typical rear garden tractor attachments for the GR series? I mean no tiller even. I can't think of any other maker of GTs, even Sears, that doesn't have at least a belt driven tiller for their garden tractors? It would seem the GR is more than capable to handle "garden" type attachments. I know they don't want it to compete too closely with the BX line, but it just seems they've severely stunted the use that can be made of the GR series. There's got to be plenty of buyers out there that don't want/need a SCUT, but do want a garden tractor to do small garden chores.

Could be due to market does not demand the quantity that it would take to design into mower and tiller to justify development cost? How popular is this set up? I very rarly see the rear tiller around here on a garden tractor. Most people just use a nice walk behind, or have a 6 footer on the back of another tractor. They do offer a shaft driven front mount 46" snow blower, so it can handle attachments. Philip.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

MIDDLE BUSTER (A34011)
MIDDLE BUSTER (A34011)
New Heavy Duty Brush Fork Grapple (A34302)
New Heavy Duty...
Weldcraft WP-9 FV-25R Tig Torch Package - 25' (A33349)
Weldcraft WP-9...
John Deere 2112C Soil Scraper (A33113)
John Deere 2112C...
Green Industrial Cart (A34007)
Green Industrial...
2013 Brenner T/A 41 FT Aluminum Tanker Trailer (A32932)
2013 Brenner T/A...