Gr2100 54" deck issues

/ Gr2100 54" deck issues
The mower end of the drive shaft is held in place by a bolt which not only locks it to the spline but also clamps it tight. If it is loose, the drive shaft will vibrate on the spline.
Mine is clamped on tight, so I will look at other areas. Thanks sandalwood.

/ Gr2100 54" deck issues #12  
Shaft.JPG

Sorry for delay, work gets in the way sometime.

Unfortunately no pics though included the parts diagram.

It was the end of the drive shaft where it attaches to the mower (part 50) that was loose. When I pulled on the drive shaft, it fell off.

I slipped it back on and tried to tighten the pinch bolt (part 70) but in my enthusiasm, managed to break the bolt. I then called the dealer who picked it up, replaced the bolt, reattached shaft to mower and mower to tractor (so no pics).

This was not a subtle vibration, it would shake the entire machine and you in the seat.

/ Gr2100 54" deck issues #13  
No wonder i couldn't figure out what you where saying....mine does not bolt on. Thanks for the pic
2120 decks are apparently diff from your 2100 decks

/ Gr2100 54" deck issues #14  
The transmission end of the drive shaft is a splined quick connect. The mower gear box end of the drive shaft is still splined, but is held in place with a 'pinch' bolt. Your manual may have more detail, or just crawl under and see ;) Philip.

/ Gr2100 54" deck issues #15  
right you are.......dont know what i was thinking....must have been the drive shaft for the snow blower, which does not clamp on.....getting old sucks!