GR2100 Price Increase?

/ GR2100 Price Increase? #1  

NewEnglandCliff

Haven't found much on this model at this site - noone has given prices after about 5 months ago. But then people were saying they'd paid about $7000. I can't find a dealer who'll sell one for less than $7600. Has there been a 10% price increase already? They want $1300 for the bagger.

/ GR2100 Price Increase? #2  
NewEnglandCliff,
I picked my GR2100 up for $6961.50 out the door 7/05. That included the $300 Kubota rebate. The two dealers in my area seemed to move the GR's as fast as they could get them in, a price increase wouldn't surprise me. Kubota is only offering a $200 rebate using their revolving charge card. Not sure how that works. You might wait for the end of the season, maybe they will pony up a better incentive. Sort of a throw of the dice with Kubota.

good luck!

/ GR2100 Price Increase?
Thank you. We ARE at the end uf the season up here. Seems strange that a rebate is being offered as an incentive to encourage sales but then the dealers turn right around and do the opposite - ie. jack up the price. Seems like they figure the rebate should go into their pockets, and then some.

/ GR2100 Price Increase? #4  
I guess you are at the end of the season up north. Our son will get to enjoy the seasonal change, he arrived at New Port RI for officers training last night. Not sure if you tried other Kubota dealers. I emailed several within 150 miles of us to get a feel for a fair price. The best deal was within 20 miles of me. The dealer that I purchased my L3130 from would not even meet the other local dealers price. I figured I would give him a shot at a repeat sale. There were also some out of state that would not budge, one did come within $50 of the local dealer. However, I would have had to rent a trailer to pick it up on the state line. I wouldn't be surprised if somehow they say the increase was caused by Katrina or Rita. LOL.

/ GR2100 Price Increase? #5  
My local dealer today quoted me $8950+ tax (with mulching kit AND grass catcher) !!!
Is this thing really worth it ? Can it really turn as close as a zero turn mower? I was going to buy a zero turn but you can't hook attachments to them and the dealer says the GR is the only way to go. Any advice would be appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ GR2100 Price Increase? #6  
Lawnlover,
I can’t complain about mine. The glide-steer system is remarkable; it will not tear up my hilly yard when mowing around the trees. As far as making a turn like a zero turn? I think it can come close to turning around a 5gal bucket. I guess the next time I have it out I’ll have to check it out. Have you test driven both to compare their turning abilities? If not, you might want to. If you are near Hartselle, AL. you can stop by and drive my GR2100 around.

Good luck,

/ GR2100 Price Increase? #7  
eaf,
My next visit will be for a test drive. Can you tell me if you are able to tow attachments with your GR2100 without a problem such as a trailer, dethatcher,seeder and aerator etc? I know zero turn tractors don't have the connection which really sucks so all they can do is cut grass! thanks!

/ GR2100 Price Increase? #8  
I've got a cyclone rake and the ton-o-hog trailer that I pull around. So far no problems. I have some steep hills on the property that the GR takes without straining. If your do a search in the "lawn & garden" forum for the GR2100 you will find pictures I posted with the CR attached.

/ GR2100 Price Increase? #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My local dealer today quoted me $8950+ tax (with mulching kit AND grass catcher) !!!
Is this thing really worth it ? Can it really turn as close as a zero turn mower? I was going to buy a zero turn but you can't hook attachments to them and the dealer says the GR is the only way to go. Any advice would be appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif )</font>

I don't know what brand of ZT mowers your dealer sells besides Kubota, but implements like you listed and small hitches are available in several lines of ZT's. In fact, I'd say the GR2100 is a little light in the area of available attachments compared to some ZT's. As one example, Grasshopper brand offers a huge line of attachments.

The GR2100 excels on a property with big hills or rough turf. By all means test drive it, but I suggest going to talk with another dealer to get a better idea of the handling and capabilities of ZT mowers. At the very least, it's a good bargaining move to tell your dealer you have other shops to visit before you buy /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif