gr2100 PTO/transmission issue

/ gr2100 PTO/transmission issue #21  
locknut, That's a good question. The dealer installed an expansion tank in the hydraulic system to over come the pressures developed in the transmission, before the tank, fluid was comming out of the vent. So there is a possibility that the tank has reduced the pressure enough to prevent the fluid from reaching the upper bearing?

/ gr2100 PTO/transmission issue #22  
Good news I picked up my GR2100 from the dealer yesterday. Got it home and put it to work mowing two weeks of northern Alabama growth. It worked well, no problems to speak of except it blew a little dribble of hydraulic fluid from the overflow tube. The fix cost me a little over $700, labor for the upgrade install, a new input shaft, shaft bearings and seal. Kubota covered the cost of the transmission kit, about $300. I am satisfied with the outcome, Kubota came through even though I had exceeded the extended 4 year warranty.

But while at the dealer for the pickup the 努ife eyeballed a BX1860. We sort of discussed replacing the GR so we got a out the door price and left with the GR2100. A long story short I called the dealer today, told him we will take a BX2360 with a 60 Mid mower. We also qualified for a 2% multi purchase discount from Kubota since we recently purchased a RTV1100. They plan on delivering it on Saturday.

ed

/ gr2100 PTO/transmission issue
EAF...........my gr2100 is still in the shop. My dealer told me he sent my entire transmission to Kubota where they rebulid the entire unit. According to Kubota customer rep, it was rebuilt and is suppose to be on the way back to the dealer for him to re-install it on my tractor.

Supposedly, it will only cost me the labor for the dealer to remove and put back the transmission.

Was your transmission rebuilt by your dealer or was it sent off to kubota?

/ gr2100 PTO/transmission issue #24  
jmsmbry, my dealer rebuilt the transmission. $60/hr for about 11 hrs. It doesn稚 sound you will be out of pocket too much.

ed

/ gr2100 PTO/transmission issue #25  
...... discussed replacing the GR so we got an out the door price and .... told him we will take a BX2360 with a 60 Mid mower.........

I was all set to go with a GR2110 until I saw the BX range .
The BX2360 was only 23% more , for a totally different class
of product. They're waiting on the front guard ( today , I think )
and then it'll be here. I've watched BX2350 and GR2100 cut the same
grass , and there's SO much more grunt in the BX design pump
flow rate , being a SCUT.

Are you enjoying the new tractor ?

Neil.

/ gr2100 PTO/transmission issue #26  
Oh yes I am enjoying my new BX. Today I just installed the front guard I purchased off ebay. $80.00 + $20.00 shipping

ed