gr211o with diesel those that have one?

/ gr211o with diesel those that have one? #1  

closs2sx

Bronze Member
I am buying a GR2110 kubota From Neil and was wondering How those that have one like them, how good they are on fuel and how the mower deck comes off (I presume you silde it out sideways how easy is it to do)

/ gr211o with diesel those that have one? #2  
I have a GR2100 and I suspect the engine is the same one you've got. I have no complaints about the engine, It is strong and sips fuel. I also have a Gravely with an Onan p218...3 less horsepower and uses at least 4 times the fuel that the kubota deasel does. I don't think you'll ahve any complaints about that engine.

Chris

/ gr211o with diesel those that have one?
thanks chris how many hours you got on her and have you had any issues. it was tough for me to spend the coin knowing it only had a 2yr warranty as oppossed to deeres 4yr but in the end the diesel and 4wd for the same price as an x540 gas with 2wd. I already have the diesel fuel on hand since thats what the b2910 bota uses so thats not an issue. thanks for your help

brett

/ gr211o with diesel those that have one? #4  
Not a direct report, but my neighbor has the GR2100, his 96 year old dad comes over every week and mows his lawn with it, dad is bored. He has about 12 acres, takes the dad about 20hrs, over 2 days, to mow... but then he drives slow. I think the neighbor, 68 years young, does the whole lawn in about 14hrs, again over 2 days. He has been doing this for the last 3, maybe 4 years, the only thing he has done to the tractor is normal service, 1 flat tire and last week new blades after his dad decided to mow the rocks along the ditch. :) He likes the comfort of his Deere better, but says the Kubota is more manueverable and uses a little less fuel. I want to say the Deere is a 955, but I am not sure. His dad and his wife both prefer using the Kubota over the Deere.

thanks ixlr8 great info its got me excited already. I wont get it until the first part of july as my dad 60 years young is picking it up for me as he is retired and he just bought an x540 deere so I am sure it will have a few hours on it when I get it as he will try it out he mows about 3 acres

/ gr211o with diesel those that have one? #6  
csr0831 said:
I have a GR2100 and I suspect the engine is the same one you've got. I have no complaints about the engine,
*It is strong and sips fuel.
I also have a Gravely with an Onan p218...3 less horsepower and uses at least 4 times the fuel that the kubota deasel does. Chris
*I know what you mean here My CC GT 2554 is a real gas hog but the Kubota BX1500 sips fuel.

/ gr211o with diesel those that have one? #7  
I was in the middle of typing a reply and it disappeared so I don't know if it'll be posted in addtion to this. Brett, I do not know if the 2100 and the 2110 are directly comparable or not. Is the 2110 just the latest edition of the 2100, or is a new model entirely? As for mine, it is three years old, but has less then 100 hours on it. As I said, I like the engine, but I am not nearly so pleased wth the trasmission and the quality of the cut, which is poor in my opinion. The transmission is weak to say the least and I have heard that they have some leakage problems, although mine doesn't seem to be leaking. In my opiniuon this is NOT a garden tractor, but more a high level lawn tractor. So if that is your intended use, you should be fine. The cut quality on mine is bad when cutting parrallel across a slope. The manuverability is excelliant.

Good luck to you and I hope it works out for you!

Chris

i believe the 2110 is a newer model of the 2100 and I believe they have updated the tranny but I do not know about improvements in the cut but I am sure anything will be an improvement over my hand me down 35 year old cooper push mower that my dad gave me. Takes me 4 hrs to do my lawn and I could expand it but not while I have just the push mower.

/ gr211o with diesel those that have one? #9  
If your not an experience hydraulic mechanic I'd advise you to stay away from both old and new models. I'm constantly setting the PTO clutch pressure to keep the deck slippage down to prevent premature wear in the hydrostat. It's a complicated machine that the average home owner will spend hundreds of dollars at a Dealers and most Dealer mechanics don't have a clue on setting the complex adjustment to just get the darn thing in the grass mowing. Bet you this Kubota will drop this Glide Steer cable system and pursue the all wheel drive Deere X series in the future. Yes I have a Brand new one and it has been nothing but trouble! The 54 inch deck is so over sized for the HP the cut is terrible. Max deck size for this machine is the 48" standard deck. I even had the factory torque give up on he center blade at only eight hours and it dropped off, thank God it didn't hit someone. It's just a poor design in my opinion and just not practical for the average home owner. Tell Neal you want something that will get your job done but stay away form these GRs.

/ gr211o with diesel those that have one? #10  
Ob1kubota said:
If your not an experience hydraulic mechanic I'd advise you to stay away from both old and new models. I'm constantly setting the PTO clutch pressure to keep the deck slippage down to prevent premature wear in the hydrostat. It's a complicated machine that the average home owner will spend hundreds of dollars at a Dealers and most Dealer mechanics don't have a clue on setting the complex adjustment to just get the darn thing in the grass mowing. Bet you this Kubota will drop this Glide Steer cable system and pursue the all wheel drive Deere X series in the future. Yes I have a Brand new one and it has been nothing but trouble! The 54 inch deck is so over sized for the HP the cut is terrible. Max deck size for this machine is the 48" standard deck. I even had the factory torque give up on he center blade at only eight hours and it dropped off, thank God it didn't hit someone. It's just a poor design in my opinion and just not practical for the average home owner. Tell Neal you want something that will get your job done but stay away form these GRs.

I've had one for over two years with no problems,and know several other owners who haven't had any trouble with their's either.I can't believe you bought one this last May.All you've done is gripe about the poor design ever since they were introduced three years ago.

Signed,
One very happy GR owner!