GR2120 First Impressions

/ GR2120 First Impressions
Locknut,looks good.Let us know how it works after you put it to the test.Where did you get the B series seat and how much?If you don't mind saying.

/ GR2120 First Impressions #32  
Locknut,looks good.Let us know how it works after you put it to the test.Where did you get the B series seat and how much?If you don't mind saying.

I honestly don't remember what I paid for it.Somewhere around 100 bucks?. It was 3-4yrs ago when there was a Kubota goodwill campaign going on to satisfy BX owners that had that worthless,nasty slide-off seat.They were available to dealers at a deep discount to sell or in some cases give away if need be.It sits a little higher but nite n day difference in comfort over the cheap lawn tractor seat.

/ GR2120 First Impressions #33  
I'm about 240lb. Dont have a huge issue with the seat though. I adjusted it to my liking and am good with it. My only beef is that the steering wheel is so far away and a tad low....My arms are still bend a little, but my wife is reaching for the wheel.

I'm about 240lb. Dont have a huge issue with the seat though. I adjusted it to my liking and am good with it. My only beef is that the steering wheel is so far away and a tad low....My arms are still bend a little, but my wife is reaching for the wheel.
I don't know if it would help but I am guessing that the higher steering wheel off the BX 70 series would fit on the GR as the wheel that it comes with appears to be the same one as on the BX 60 series.

/ GR2120 First Impressions #35  
What brand Motor Oil do you all use in your 2120? In past Kubota tractors i had, it called for diesel specific oil, that i always bought at a dealer, but not calling for it in this little diesel. Just wanting CF or higher.

/ GR2120 First Impressions #36  
What brand Motor Oil do you all use in your 2120? In past Kubota tractors i had, it called for diesel specific oil, that i always bought at a dealer, but not calling for it in this little diesel. Just wanting CF or higher.

Mobil 1 5w-40 TDT is what I use. There are many options out there, just make sure it is diesel rated API CH-4 CI-4 CJ-4. Philip.

I have used my GR about four or five times now,about twelve hours.I have noticed a couple of things that I wonder about,curious if other GR owners experience the same things.The first thing is that I can feel the clutch in the rearend disengage when turning.It is not a rough feeling but I can definitely feel it.The other thing is a noise when raising the mower deck.It only happens when the tractor is warm.I am assuming it is a noise from the pressure relief valve,but it seems to be coming from under the steering wheel where the hydraulic hoses are for the steering.When the tractor is cold,and the hydro fluid is thicker,the noise doesn't happen and there is only a small hissing noise from the PRV.After the fluid warms up there is a louder noise almost like a loud vibration when raising the deck or when on the PRV.I talked to the salesman and a mechanic and they both seemed to think it is normal.I am curious what other GR owners have experienced.

/ GR2120 First Impressions #38  
I have a little over 12 hours on mine too. Grass has not grown very fast since purchase, hot weather and lack of water has put a curb on my mowing time.

The first thing is that I can feel the clutch in the rearend disengage when turning.It is not a rough feeling but I can definitely feel it.

I can feel a dis-engagement, but it is very smooth. Probably because I know it is suppose to do that.

The other thing is a noise when raising the mower deck.It only happens when the tractor is warm.I am assuming it is a noise from the pressure relief valve,but it seems to be coming from under the steering wheel where the hydraulic hoses are for the steering.When the tractor is cold,and the hydro fluid is thicker,the noise doesn't happen and there is only a small hissing noise from the PRV.After the fluid warms up there is a louder noise almost like a loud vibration when raising the deck or when on the PRV.

The only noise I hear is when I raise mower deck to highest position, the raise lever does not return to center position, and there is a very loud squel until I return lever to center position. I will lube spring and pivot point at next service, hope that takes care of it. Not that big of deal, but if someone else operates it, they may not catch on so quick.

Philip

Thanks for the response,Philip.A loud squeal would better describe the noise I am hearing,I didn't describe it very well.Have you noticed the noise when first using the tractor or is it always the same,whether hydro fluid is hot or cold?When mine is cold I only hear a minor hissing noise from the PRV which seems normal.The last time I finished mowing the loud squealing noise was there.After hosing the tractor off with the garden hose,the noise seemed to be less so I am assuming the squealing noise is caused by the hydro fluid being hot and thinner.I am wondering if this is normal and if other GR tractors do the same thing.

/ GR2120 First Impressions #40  
I will have to check, but I think it is when the fluid is at operating temperature. It only happens when the lift lever is in the stuck full up position after the deck has raised to highest level. I think the noise was coming from valve, but I will have to check that too, if we ever cool down and get any rain. Philip.