gr2120 VERY bad 1st impression

/ gr2120 VERY bad 1st impression #11  
Amen, take it back

/ gr2120 VERY bad 1st impression #12  
I agree with the others. Take it back, trade it in on something NEW that a shady customer or this dealer hasn't had a chance to screw up.

And if you trade it in now, you should require 100% of what you paid to be credited against the new machine. If you keep it and futz around with it, it will be harder to get a full credit.

/ gr2120 VERY bad 1st impression #13  
Yeah, you got a bit of a short stick if you expected a perfect cut, which I would a) buying from a dealer, and b) with so few hours.

I have the same unit, same year, bought used with 65 hours. Couldn't be happier with it as it runs and cuts like a brand new machine yet I saves many $ '000. Good luck...stick with the model because it really is a good unit.

/ gr2120 VERY bad 1st impression #14  
Ok, service wont fix the trans issues. It needs the glide steer cables either adjusted or they have siazed and need replacing.
1st service at 88hrs doesnt worry me much, wont make any difference. As for the deck, we pull them out and plonk them in a big press. Use a half round device as a pusher and its not a very big job.
You shoukd be able to get off the seat if the deck isnt engaged, so long as the brake is on.

/ gr2120 VERY bad 1st impression
thanks again for the input. after 9 days the dealer delivered it back to my house. they had to send it to a different dealer with a deal to fix the deck. i imagine it was just as ozzie tractor described. it must be a common thing to straighten a stamped deck over replacing the shell, as they had no problem fixing it. i see no marks on the deck where it was ever bent back. but they did an excellent job. it cuts great now. level as far as i can tell. i'll havta go over the yard several times to get it back to normal cutting height. it was getting very shaggy after not having a mower for a while.

as far as the popping when i start to turn, its now gone. i greased all the fittings, and changed the tranny fluid & filter as recommended. after 1-2 hours on it all i feel while turning is a small shift ,or release of the clutch pack. no more noise. it operates as i have read it should. not smooth as glass while starting to turn, but very little bump. noise is completely gone.

i still cant get to stay running while setting the parking brake and getting off to close the garage door behind me. id LOVE to bypass the backup awareness and the kill switch, as i do come up in the seat every now & then if i hit a bump or need to adjust my back.

one last question, how steep do they climb??? mine actually stopped pulling while going up a pretty steep hill. i prolly had no business goin up that steep, but was curious on how much traction it gets. so far im very impressed. but still wonder why it stopped pulling.

thanks again everyone. after all is said and done i saved over $3000 on a new one. and 88 hours is still new to me!!!!

/ gr2120 VERY bad 1st impression #16  
one last question, how steep do they climb??? mine actually stopped pulling while going up a pretty steep hill. i prolly had no business goin up that steep, but was curious on how much traction it gets. so far im very impressed. but still wonder why it stopped pulling.

with an HST, you need to back off on the 'go' pedal when pulling. it effectively makes the 'tranny' go into in to a lower 'gear'. (not a real gear, but the same effect).

it becomes second nature after awhile.

/ gr2120 VERY bad 1st impression #17  
Glad you got them to fix it.It should stay running if you dismount if the brake is set and the pto is off. There's a switch down on the floorboard at the hydro pedal that may need adjusting.

On pulling slopes,the hydro is somewhat weak.And,it depends how hot the fluid is and ambient temp.If it's say 70deg outside and you pull a slope right away after you start mowing it should pull up to 30deg on a 12-16 ft run up.On downhill that steep do not use the park brake to slow forward speed,just light touch rev hydro.it won't hurt anything. And if you have the owners manual read through it a couple times.

If you would want a nicer seat,the thicker seat from a B series will change out with four screws.Big improvement.

/ gr2120 VERY bad 1st impression #18  
Not familiar with this model Kubota but many BXs, Bs and an L. On BXs there is a turtle and rabbit selector. Low and high. Many people want to run in the rabbit/high all the time and think they should do that. I usually use the turtle on the BX mowing machines and the Turtle/low gear will climb where the rabbit/high will not. If yours has a low gear, use it and then see if it will climb. The BX will climb in low until the tires spin.

/ gr2120 VERY bad 1st impression
thanks for the input guys. sorry i haven't been on here in a long while. here's the latest update. come to find out the blades weren't all the same height even after the deck was worked on by the dealer. if you looked at the blades end to end, the middle one was 1/2" or so higher, leaving lines in the yard. parking brake doesn't hold on a hill. it still doesn't pull hills. it just stops pulling.

i took it to kubota, explained the issues. they said they'd look at the blades, adj parking brake, and check the hydro line pressure.

after several calls over the next few weeks they finally said it was ready to go. they charged me $156 to sharpen the blades, ( didn't need it. as it was just done by last trip to the dealer), adj the parking brake ( warranty doesn't cover it they said), and check the hydro pressure.

so total was.... ready..... first 72 days i owned the tractor it was in the shop 54 days!!!!

it still had lines when it cut. the thing still wont pull a steep hill. so i figured i'd live with it.

this spring, we tried to use it to pull small stumps. as in wrist size and smaller. on ankle sized privet hedge stump was too much. it would NOT even spin the tires on the dirt. even at full throttle, it just sat there.

i guess i was expecting a lot more outta this for what they cost. my 2wd john deere would spin both back tires on the concrete trying to pull things.

after all this, plus hard to crank all winter after sitting in a warm basement, i was done.

i had done everything i could to make it work out.

i sold the GR for $800 more than i paid for it. I've now moved on to a cub cadet Sc2400 with a 60" cut. so far love it

again, thanks to all that chimed in. i WAS a big kubota fan, but not anymore.