Grader Scraper

/ Grader Scraper #1  

dj1701

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4320, Kubota BX2680
Hi all,

My local Kubota dealer has a couple of 48" Land Pride grader scrapers on the lot. I think they are GS1548 models. Was wondering what a good price would be, and would they do a good job on a driveway that looks like it was carpet bombed?

Thanks
Dave

/ Grader Scraper #2  
That is a perfect implement for repairing a driveway and general grading work. I don't know current pricing on Land Pride implements, but they tend to be on the more expensive side. They are also imho a high quality manufacturer.
I have several Land Pride implements (standard scraper blade and hydraulic ssqa auger, and both are well worth the money I paid for them.

/ Grader Scraper #3  
no idea on current prices, bur the way steel is right now, i bet there overpriced from what they were selling for a year ago. i just paid $140.00 for a 2" x 10' rigid galv pipe. same pipe cost about $50 last year.

i have a 1000' 3 point grader 8' wide made by king kutter. it does a great job on maintaining my gravel roads. takes some time to gain experience using them. adding a hydraulic top link helped tremendously.

/ Grader Scraper #4  
Different dealers different prices lately.

Once you get the feeling of using blade 👌 and for that finally touch turn blade 180 degrees slowly drag.

/ Grader Scraper #5  
As with a box blade wieght is a factor for a good useable grader blade.
They work great and unlike a rear blade don’t take much time learning to get a good finish.

Price? Right now that’s anybodys guess!

/ Grader Scraper
Correction, it was a GS0548 and they want around $1,200.

/ Grader Scraper #8  
I paid $1400 for my 72" bad boy land-grader (scraper) with 6x rippers late last year. Why get such a little one (48") ? Get a big one and pull it with your Deere instead.

/ Grader Scraper #9  
I wouldn't want one that narrow. The whole concept is to "plane" the driveway smooth. The wider the implement the better it will work.

/ Grader Scraper #10  
My brother and I built a sho nuff box grader. Adjustable and wide as The tractor. It will carry 2 1/2 yards of dirt.

Finished it mid July. Went straight to the gravel parking lot. 18 wheelers and school buses every day. Hard and dry. Started cutting instantly. As I'm getting older, I'm harder to impress. I was impressed. We have two roadgrader blades bolted on cross pieces. It is the cats meow.