Grading driveway question

/ Grading driveway question #11  
The water is coming to the low point and crossing the road there. Best to keep the water to that side of the road until you "build" some way to get it across. Keep it to the side of the road by - ditching or crowning or sloping the road. Then a culvert to get it across the road. Ditching may be the easiest if it's not a whole lot of water.

/ Grading driveway question #12  
How old is that road?

With so much rock naturally in your soil, it looks in really good shape to me as it is. Being new to the land, I would hold off on doing anything to that road right away.

Adding a culvert could create other issues if you get one too small. If you get a lot of run off when it rains, and the culvert washes out, you will not be able to get across the road.

Why would you add gravel to that road?

/ Grading driveway question #13  
I agree with Eddie. I have areas on my road that look like the picture. The water coming across it is spread out enough to not cut a channel through the gravel I put down.

/ Grading driveway question
The road is already showing signs of water cutting into the road down the middle of the road meandering from side to side. The road has been there for over 100 years.

/ Grading driveway question #15  
Wait till you have the proper equipment, then shape your road and establish proper drainage and then add the gravel.

/ Grading driveway question #16  
With as little rainfall that you'll get and being new owners... just watch it for a few years. Personally, I don't think it will be a problem.

/ Grading driveway question #17  
The road is already showing signs of water cutting into the road down the middle of the road meandering from side to side. The road has been there for over 100 years.

If it's lasted 100 years, I wouldn't be too worried about doing anything to it right away.

Are you going to be building on the land? Will you be bringing concrete trucks and heavy equipment up that road? they will destroy anything that you do if it's not perfect. And perfect is very hard to do without all the right equipment, and that gets very expensive.