Grading with a loader

/ Grading with a loader #71  
I was thinking the same thing, what are you doing with the property? Glad things went well and it sounds like a great learning experience.

/ Grading with a loader #72  
Beautiful work 1920! Job well done.

/ Grading with a loader #73  
And I still don't know. :confused3:

/ Grading with a loader #74  
That's one big sandbox you have there. I wish I could have been there to help, I miss the 444 and 644 end loaders I drove at work, they are a blast to operate.

What is the project all about?

/ Grading with a loader
I will be building a home/shop on the property in the near future.

/ Grading with a loader #76  
We all look forward to the progress!!!! Thanks for posting the thread and pics!!!!

/ Grading with a loader
Thanks, I have alot of past posts with alot of pictures. I am hoping the bull dozer ( and driver ) shows up this weekend for the final grading, I have never used a bulldozer and I look forward to moving forward. I scheduled a well drilling today and Im waiting for the company to call me back to meet me on the site so we can discuss how much its gonna hurt.

/ Grading with a loader #78  
Tractors, skidsteers, TLBs, CTLs, loaders, track loaders, etc. are not designed to back drag (some 4n1s are). The rear surface of a bucket does not have a wear bar/plate/blade etc. Grading, smoothing etc, should be done moving forward. What a person chooses to do may be ok for them, but it is not an accepted or necessarily good practice.

Agree in principal but on mine I welded a rear bucket wear bar on my bucket heel and that works for me.
A buddy that had a round bucket added a 3 x 3" angle to back grade.

/ Grading with a loader #79  
Thanks, I have alot of past posts with alot of pictures. I am hoping the bull dozer ( and driver ) shows up this weekend for the final grading, I have never used a bulldozer and I look forward to moving forward. I scheduled a well drilling today and Im waiting for the company to call me back to meet me on the site so we can discuss how much its gonna hurt.
Will this dozed have a GPS or laser machine control set up? That is what I would recommend.

/ Grading with a loader
Will this dozed have a GPS or laser machine control set up? That is what I would recommend.

Not sure, havent seen it yet but assuming I do see it ( as in it gets delivered this weekend ) than I will take lots of pictures