Grand L 3940 vs. Mahindra 4035

/ Grand L 3940 vs. Mahindra 4035 #21  
Kubota dealer is 5 miles from home. JD and Mahindra are both about 35 miles away. It's dizzying for someone who is not familair with tractors to consider all brands.

If it's dizzying get the L3940 & be done with it, if you can afford it. I don't see how you could ever look back & regret it. You might only ever regret not getting it :thumbsup:

Was pretty much set on Kubota until somone pointed out Mahindra and the potential cost savings for the heavier tractor.

The rear tires on an L3940 can be filled (mine are), & at that point I don't see lacking the Mahindra's extra factory weight as pertinent. In fact, think of it this way: You can actually make the L3940 either light or heavy ... whereas the 4035 can only be heavy.

Most equipment in my area is green and I don't know a single Mahindra owner personally so I'm grasping for information.

Again with my dad's Mahindra 4110: When I told him the other day that I was feathering the 3PH control to drag my grading scraper thru soft sand precisely, barely lifting & lowering it, he commented that he wished his would do that. His takes a pretty good tug to move the 3PH control, & therefore it moves a lot, no feathering his. Also his loader control valve leaks all over the rubber floor board pad & has caused it to warp up; Not a huge deal, but. Also, his loader control valve is mounted out on the loader arm itself, requiring quite a reach to operate it. Whereas the Grand L's loader control valve is integrated into the fender, precisely located just to right of where your hand naturely rests when your arm's on the armrest :thumbsup:

I expect this will be the only tractor new tractor I ever buy so I want one that will last and have the support I need over the long haul. I'll post prices for comparison once I have them.
Thanks for all the help.
RJ

Put another way: I think you'll be just fine with the Mahindra, but the L3940 is closer to a sure thing.

/ Grand L 3940 vs. Mahindra 4035 #22  
May I ask how long does one have to be sell a product to get past the just breaking in time frame? Mahindra has been selling tractors in the United States for more than a decade.

I would say that having a strong dealer network would be a start. I think there's maybe one dealer in VT. The only way I was able to try one was when I was on vacation in another state. I bet Kubota has about 10 dealers in VT. The closest dealer to me is about 75 miles.

So how long does it take before one has a solid dealer network? Kioti had the same problem around here. They look like they are starting to get a few dealers now around me who look like they are going to keep their doors open. The first few opened then closed.

/ Grand L 3940 vs. Mahindra 4035 #23  
Kubota dealer is 5 miles from home. JD and Mahindra are both about 35 miles away. It's dizzying for someone who is not familair with tractors to consider all brands. I did for a week and then eliminated NH and Kioti and others for various reasons with the main reason being no dealer for those brands within 60 miles. It looked to me like a JD with comparable specs to the 3940 was going to run a couple to several thousand higher. Was pretty much set on Kubota until somone pointed out Mahindra and the potential cost savings for the heavier tractor. Can't confirm those savings yet as I've requested a quote on a 4035 and FEL to see. I appreciate all of this information and will sit in both tractors before making a decision. My biggest problem is being able to compare apples to apples among the different brands. Most equipment in my area is green and I don't know a single Mahindra owner personally so I'm grasping for information. I expect this will be the only tractor new tractor I ever buy so I want one that will last and have the support I need over the long haul. I'll post prices for comparison once I have them.
Thanks for all the help.
RJ

It's not easy. You want to make sure you don't miss something and then wish you spent your money differently. I think almost every brand will give you years of work (every brand has it's dogs). Sooner or later you just have to say "enough". Try the Mahindra out, it may just feel right to you. When I was looking they had different prices, if you pay cash it's one price, if you want the 0% financing it's a different price, if you want the regular interest rate I think it's the same as cash but maybe paying cash got an extra discount. Then it also made a difference if you gave a deposit or not if taking a loan. It got too confusing and turned me off. Maybe it's different now or maybe it was just the dealer.

/ Grand L 3940 vs. Mahindra 4035 #24  
Kubota dealer is 5 miles from home. JD and Mahindra are both about 35 miles away.

I take my boat about 35 miles for servicing - It's a drag. I really dread that trip.

/ Grand L 3940 vs. Mahindra 4035 #25  
One decision that I always stick with is - who's going to be around in 10-20 years.

Seems Companies have no problem stopping production on anything they feel like whenever they feel like it.

Take Ford discontinuing the Expedition, GM no more Hummer, Saturn GONE, etc.etc.

You want to buy something that pretty stable and that to means Kubota. All Companies come in with a lot of fan fair and great service and great prices, then leave like a thief in the night.

I believe Mahindra is the leader in tractor sales worldwide. And has been around for years.

Hardly a thief in the night.

/ Grand L 3940 vs. Mahindra 4035 #26  
Y'all had me going there for a minute because there's no jerky hitch problems
with our L3940.

I will say this, the Auto Throttle and Stall Guard are worth whatever the price
difference is between the Mahindra and the Kubota, you can take that to the
bank. Nobody else has it but you can bet they're trying to get it.

I asked for the price difference the other day and haven't received an answer, if one
is seriously considering the Mahindra the price difference would have to be huge for me.

Just bought a Mahindra 4035 a couple weeks ago - also shopped the L3940. Price difference with loader and backhoe was around $5000, and that was using the quote I got from Brady at Barlows. Price difference with my local Kubota dealers was over $7000. You could probably do better with just the FEL and no backhoe.

/ Grand L 3940 vs. Mahindra 4035 #27  
Just bought a Mahindra 4035 a couple weeks ago - also shopped the L3940. Price difference with loader and backhoe was around $5000, and that was using the quote I got from Brady at Barlows. Price difference with my local Kubota dealers was over $7000.

Wow! :eek:

/ Grand L 3940 vs. Mahindra 4035 #28  
May I ask how long does one have to be sell a product to get past the just breaking in time frame? Mahindra has been selling tractors in the United States for more than a decade.

Eleven years, ninety six days, 14 hours, twenty four minutes and eighteen seconds, and not a moment sooner. Then they move into the "recently arrived" category. When they've been around for about 100 years, they reach the "been here a while" category. You didn't know this? :laughing:

/ Grand L 3940 vs. Mahindra 4035 #29  
Just an opinion about Mahindra from a Kubota guy. They are reportedly one of the world's largest tractor manufacturers, but are just breaking into the US market.

This statement is a bit of an industry joke right now. Mahindra is no where close to that statement based upon the production figures from their shareholder reports. Their total production output is like 80-90,000 units a year which is a pitance compared to the likes of Deere, CNH and Agco. They must be counting sales to 1 legged pirates or somthing.. who knows. They never state the criteria that they are using to make that statement.

/ Grand L 3940 vs. Mahindra 4035 #30  
To those that inquired about the differences of the Kubota and the Mahindra I am glad that others were able to help with good experiences of their own..

Draft control unless it is in the range of less then 10 percent load change to activate it is about worthless, so if someone can tell me mahindras is better then that then the option is worthless.

To us less then 20 percent of the L'series go out with rear remotes so why have it unless you need it. I'm not saying I don't recommend one, just they are not in the high need area.

To the added weight of the chassis, it doesn't mean that it is any stronger as it might actually be a weaker chassis overall. The added weight would also mean that some applications they can not be used on!! You can always add it easier then to take it off!!!

Lower initial price, just equals lower resale price. It's always been that way, and I don't expect it to change.