Grand L 4240 for Grapple Work

/ Grand L 4240 for Grapple Work #31  
I think a 4240 would handle a 6 ft brush hog just fine.

/ Grand L 4240 for Grapple Work #32  
Great pics! How much does your grapple weigh? I don't think I would ever need to lift anything more than what you are lifting in that picture :thumbsup:

I stuck with a 66" grapple to save weight, and I believe that it is around 680#. So far I haven't latched on to anything I couldn't move. I too have my rears ballast with Rimguard. That helps a ton. Well actually 1298# not a ton. :laughing:

/ Grand L 4240 for Grapple Work #33  
I have an L 4240 HST+ with grapple and love what it does. Sometimes scary, but not for lack of power, but rather what it will lift and traversing uneven terrain

/ Grand L 4240 for Grapple Work #34  
I run a 72" rotary mower behind an L3430 and while its a slow go at times, it works pretty well for the light mowing work in the flat pasture where I use it.

I also use a grapple on the L3430 and it has the loader one series down from the L4240, so I think the L4240 will work out well. While there have been times the I wish I could pick up more with the grapple, there have been an equal number of times that it picked up what I wanted to onlyto leave a rutted trail as the front wheels dug in due to the weight. Sometimes more grapple and lift means just more ruts to fix...

P3270123.jpg