Price Check Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call!

/ Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call! #1  

dhjmd

Bronze Member
Tractor
Caterpillar 289D, New Holland TC24DA, Kubota Grand L6060 HSTC
So, I bought my first tractor in 2004, a New Holland TC24DA HST 4x4 with FEL and MMM. 16 years later, and the tractor literally split into two, I had to find a replacement.

Long story short, a Grand L6060 was just ordered! I loaded it up with options including Cab/Heat/AC, bluetooth radio, air ride seat, side/rear window defoggers, rear work lights and wiper, front hydraulic quick attach skid steer FEL, 4-IN-1 BOCE bucket, 42 pallet forks, R-4痴, top-n-tilt, swinging drawbar, draft control, high capacity alternator, mid-PTO, front support for 4-point hitch, three rear remotes, rear ballast box, QH20 quick hitch, FDR3690 grooming mower, RCF2772 rotary cutter with chains, DH1520 disc harrow with center sweep, and GS2584 grading scraper with rear blades.

All in all, 20% off MSRP with equine discount, 0% for 60, a hair over $70k. Good? Bad? Thoughts?

/ Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call! #2  
Reading the fine print on the discount, it appears to exclude many, many things like setup, options, etc.. curious how the price TrueType worked out, MSRP vs net before taxes. Congrats...

/ Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call! #3  
I have been looking a possibly a new tractor and it says that you can't get 20% equine discount with special financing so wondered how that worked? I have critters but don't belong to any association at this time but would join if the 20% deal and 0%financing works........

So, I bought my first tractor in 2004, a New Holland TC24DA HST 4x4 with FEL and MMM. 16 years later, and the tractor literally split into two, I had to find a replacement.

Long story short, a Grand L6060 was just ordered! I loaded it up with options including Cab/Heat/AC, bluetooth radio, air ride seat, side/rear window defoggers, rear work lights and wiper, front hydraulic quick attach skid steer FEL, 4-IN-1 BOCE bucket, 42 pallet forks, R-4痴, top-n-tilt, swinging drawbar, draft control, high capacity alternator, mid-PTO, front support for 4-point hitch, three rear remotes, rear ballast box, QH20 quick hitch, FDR3690 grooming mower, RCF2772 rotary cutter with chains, DH1520 disc harrow with center sweep, and GS2584 grading scraper with rear blades.

All in all, 20% off MSRP with equine discount, 0% for 60, a hair over $70k. Good? Bad? Thoughts?

/ Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call! #4  
I have no use for a ballast box. I built one years ago, used it maybe 4 times & it's just sat ever since. I just use my mower, box blade or whatever impliment happens to get on there already. A bit more bulky, but I'm rarely in that tight of spaces 1' would make the difference.

Make sure the TnT cylinders fit well & allowe proper full range of movement. Most ones dealers put on are not OEM Kubota. After the 3rd leaky improperly fitting set from my dealer I sent them back & waited & waited for a set from FitRight. They were worth the wait.

Kubota Geand rear remotes suck, especially with TnT. Way to much leakdown. Many valves later I only have 1 of 3 that doesnt leakdown badly. Demand that they hitch up a heavy impliment & leave it in the air for an hour. They shouldn't budge at all, but as long as it's not more than a few inches it should be acceptable. My side link will go from level to max length in under an hour. Not good when you are moving around with a raised impliment. Suddenly its dragging in the dirt or pavement.

My L4060HSTC has been a good machine. A few issues, mostly the rear hydraulics. But I'd still make the same choice again just for the 2 speed HST+.

/ Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call! #5  
Congratulations, I think you ordered a terrific tractor and I love the options you chose! The specs on your 6060 are very similar to my Deere 4720, you will love the HST assuming your previous tractor was gear. And... you will love the air suspension seat. $70k is probably ballpark with all of those options and attachments.

/ Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call!
Thx for the feedback all. Sorry, forgot to mention, thats tax exempt, but the 20% is taken off the fully configured tractor. My final number included a $200ish charge for the financing and all freight/setup/etc. $70,400ish and some change.

I was also of the understanding that you couldnt get the equine discount plus the financing, but I filled out the app, got the quotes, and inked the deal!

As I said, Ive never owned anything Kubota or Land Pride so I guess well see :laughing:

/ Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call! #7  
I have no use for a ballast box. I built one years ago, used it maybe 4 times & it's just sat ever since. I just use my mower, box blade or whatever impliment happens to get on there already. A bit more bulky, but I'm rarely in that tight of spaces 1' would make the difference...........................................

................................................ But I'd still make the same choice again just for the 2 speed HST+.

I felt that way about a ballast box before mounting a front snow plow. A project in progress is a drum with concrete for next Winter. I plow places where it will be nice to have something that is only 24" wide and won't stick out more than 18" past the lift arms.

Yes, HST+ is the real deal.

/ Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call! #8  
Thx for the feedback all. ..... As I said, Ive never owned anything Kubota or Land Pride so I guess well see :laughing:
I had a Kubota L2900 and used it for 20 years, sold it when I bought my Deere 4720. The only problems the L2900 had was a front wheel seal started leaking at about 200 hours and had to replace the hydraulic hoses and have two lift cylinders rebuilt a few years ago. It was a tough and reliable tractor. I had a few Land Pride implements for it and they were well built and good quality. Congrats on the purchase!

/ Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call! #9  
Wow, nice purchase and it looks like you got everything including the kitchen sink when you bought it.

/ Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call! #10  
How did the New Holland split in two?