Grapple Feedback

/ Grapple Feedback #11  
I bought the 60" which matches the width of my bucket and tractor. I think it probably weights 3 times what the bucket does. Tine spacing is about 6" and all 3/8" A36 steel. It would probably hold up on the front of my big tractor.

/ Grapple Feedback #12  
I have an SGC1072 and have had it 3 years. No issues with it and it has led a hard life clearing brush and packing logs.

/ Grapple Feedback #13  
I also have the SGC1072 and love it. I am hard on it and it has held up very well. Quality piece of equipment.

/ Grapple Feedback #14  
I have the Dirt Dog 60" grapple for my 4310. Due to the lack of a flat lower section it's kind of hard to scoop up debris so usually I push it all into a pile before I start grappling it up. I do like how it's fairly light and how much the lid can come into the frame to pick up object. I've actually gotten pretty good at setting boulders the think and use it quite often to buck logs into firewood. Originally got it with the idea to rip out autumn olive shrubs with it but the bucket with the piranha toothbar does a much better job. I just use it now to haul the shrubs to the burn pile now.

IMG_0768.jpg

/ Grapple Feedback #15  
ljhayes988 - remember, high $$$ implements are usually only a once in a lifetime purchase. So.....decide what you REALLY want/need and go for that.

My final "grapple list" had Land Pride and ANBO. Both were rock/root grapples. Reason - I have no brush to gather, I wanted shorter, stouter tines, knowing how implements fare out here - I wanted the most HD grapple around.

I went with the Land Pride SGC 1560
- available thru the local Kubota dealer
- Kubota dealer would instal 3rd function & grapple
- got a competitive price
- its a truly heavy duty grapple - 820# 60" wide
- even with the HD grapple I can still lift 3200# with the way I use the grapple

I've had this grapple now 5+ years. Never put the bucket back on the FEL. Never had a moments problem with the grapple and the only "damage" - some of the powder coat has chipped off most of the tines. I really dislike powder coat.

It wasn't cheap but I have no plans to ever purchase another grapple.

Grapple - - $3175 WR Long 3rd function - $1200

/ Grapple Feedback
Grapple.jpg

Thanks so much for all your feedback. I ended up buying the Mahindra grapple from the dealer. Used the dickens out of it this past weekend. Worked like a champ. I will have to weld a short piece between the upper tines so it will close tight to pull fence posts. It isn't as heavy duty as some of the others, but we have very sandy soil here in Florida, so I think I'll be fine.

/ Grapple Feedback #17  
Looks familiar...
Very similar to our EA Xtreme Root Rake Grapple!
Travis

72rrgMahindra25555e.jpg

72rrgMahindra25553es.jpg