GRAPPLE HELP FOR B2920

/ GRAPPLE HELP FOR B2920 #11  
You just need to buy a pin on attachment for for what the quick attachment adaptor is for.
I made an adaptor for my B2620, I thought there was a slight difference between the LA364 and the LA504 that was used on the B3200, but its been a while so I could be mistaken. I remember Kubota didn't officially offer an adaptor for the LA364 at the time I made mine.

As for grapple, I would look at the everything attachments, they have a low enough weight that you won't lose kill your material capacity but are still strong enough that you won't bend them up. They also offer them in pin on for the Kubota loaders.

/ GRAPPLE HELP FOR B2920 #12  
This Kubota pin-on quick attach.....do they still have pallet forks available for that also? I'd like to get that for my B2620 because I really don't like my clamp on bucket forks. You just can't see them and they put so much leverage being so far out when you have weight on them.

Did that B3200 have extendable bottom lift arms too for the 3 point hitch? I'm looking for a set of those that will work on my B2620.

/ GRAPPLE HELP FOR B2920 #13  
This Kubota pin-on quick attach.....do they still have pallet forks available for that also? I'd like to get that for my B2620 because I really don't like my clamp on bucket forks. You just can't see them and they put so much leverage being so far out when you have weight on them.

Did that B3200 have extendable bottom lift arms too for the 3 point hitch? I'm looking for a set of those that will work on my B2620.
I might be selling my B2620 here soon, if so I might keep my pallet fork frame and QA that I could sell you if shipping wasn't too bad.

As for the lower arms, I would get a set of Pat's and forget the new lower arms, will be way cheaper and work better.

/ GRAPPLE HELP FOR B2920 #14  

Is Kubota's pin on QA a proprietary thing or universal skid steer? Universal skid steer is going to make it much easier to find QA attachments.
I agree about clamp on forks. I went that way many years ago. Didn't keep them long before I got a SSQA for the tractor and some real forks. Lack of visibility and the forks pushing sideways if you didn't hit your target dead on turned me against them. They lasted for about 10 minutes on Craigslist before they became someone else's problem.
In the years since I bought a skid steer and proper forks.

/ GRAPPLE HELP FOR B2920 #15  
Its proprietary, just uses stock pin locations on the bucket and just changes the top connection to a hook (also you don't have to remove greasy pivot pins).

The ssqa has more options, but honestly unless you change loader attachments pretty regularly or have some pretty lightweight ssqa implements there's not much benefit of changing over to a ssqa on this size tractor.

Here's an old video of one a made about almost 10 years ago, sorry the video quality is not great. Also I was short on pins, usually the top pins stay in the bucket, grapple etc. so you can just drive up and hook them.
Kubota Quick attach homemade - YouTube

/ GRAPPLE HELP FOR B2920 #16  
The ssqa has more options, but honestly unless you change loader attachments pretty regularly or have some pretty lightweight ssqa implements there's not much benefit of changing over to a ssqa on this size tractor.

That's exactly what I discovered. With the added weight of the SSQA adapter and the fact that the loads were further out in front of the lift arms, it just wasn't a great idea on a B3030.
Traded that tractor to a dealer for some other equipment & cash, as I'd bought a skid steer in the meantime. Still have the skid steer and now also a BX2380 with turfs for lighter loader & lawn work.

/ GRAPPLE HELP FOR B2920 #17  
I might be selling my B2620 here soon, if so I might keep my pallet fork frame and QA that I could sell you if shipping wasn't too bad.

As for the lower arms, I would get a set of Pat's and forget the new lower arms, will be way cheaper and work better.

Thanks TMGT. Just PM me and I'll give you my email address. If it works out still being cost effective compared to new with the shipping and converting my Canadian dollars I'd be interested.
Just bought a new Kubota backhoe for this tractor, so I'll be keeping it long term now.

/ GRAPPLE HELP FOR B2920 #18  
Will do, are they able to put the newer BH70 on the B2620? I ended up building my BH since I didn't really like the BH65.

/ GRAPPLE HELP FOR B2920 #19  
No, my dealer had two BH65's that never sold and he said they don't work on the new B2601 (which surprised me because I didn't think anything changed on the small B), so he gave me a good deal. Came with a thumb and 16 inch bucket.
I like it. But I have to figure out the plumbing because I need to make it Cat control pattern.

I get screwed up running it, then going to work and jumping in the Cat excavator. I know I can switch the Cat, but I'd rather just have everything Cat pattern.

Attachments

• 20201202_145912.jpg
    20201202_145912.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 80
   / GRAPPLE HELP FOR B2920 #20  
Paystar you need to work that machine more! Looks like a garage queen

I do know the B2601 has position control which uses a different "hat" for the 3pt, but other then that the rear axle looked very similar to the 2620.

Suprised anyone had a BH65 in stock, much less 2 of them!