Grapple grapple not what they said !

/ grapple not what they said !
I looked around and could only find a couple of nail punches. I thought it wouldn't hurt to try it any way. (Just my paint:(:D) I nailed it with a hammer in a couple of diff. spots pretty hard, Than I tried it with a maul to get a little more on it . It barely left a mark. No crater or rim that I felt, just a nick . The punch my not be the same , so I'll try to go to a parts store tomorrow to find one. When I e-mailed the Co. after I got it they told me that it was T-1 steel.

/ grapple not what they said ! #92  
I looked around and could only find a couple of nail punches. I thought it wouldn't hurt to try it any way. (Just my paint:(:D) I nailed it with a hammer in a couple of diff. spots pretty hard, Than I tried it with a maul to get a little more on it . It barely left a mark. No crater or rim that I felt, just a nick . The punch my not be the same , so I'll try to go to a parts store tomorrow to find one. When I e-mailed the Co. after I got it they told me that it was T-1 steel.

You can use that same punch just test another metal for "comparison". Like somewhere else maybe on the loader bucket.

But if you whacked it with a maul, and hardly anything...its probabally t1

/ grapple not what they said ! #93  
First One,
I'll be anxious to see what you find out. If you think Titan really makes their Rake Grapples out of T1 like they say, then I'll be buying one.

/ grapple not what they said !
First One,
I'll be anxious to see what you find out. If you think Titan really makes their Rake Grapples out of T1 like they say, then I'll be buying one.

I'd like to tell you that they do for sure ,but I can't.
All I can say to you is talk to the Co. stress the point of what it's made of and how can they build a 72" grapple out of T1 so cheap and out of 1/2" at that. Even if it's not made out of T-1 it's still rugged and with those top tines beefed up , I don't think your going to hurt it much. Is this the one you were looking at,( 72 ROOT GRAPPLE-RAKE STYLE root rock brush grapple) ( ROOT3RG-R72 ) same one I got just mine is 60" and 3/8 ?
I see that the 72" weighs 700lbs and the 60" weighs 600lbs sometimes bigger isn't the best choice but it is built stronger . How much does your bucket weigh ?and how much can you lift? Check around all the other brands out there before you drop the cash , there are even cheaper ones out there. Lighter grapple also means you'll be able to lift more.
If you do buy it , and it's for a tractor ask about the ( Flat Face Couplers ) I didn't think to tell them I don't use that kind ,so I ended up buying new ones . If you don't need them they may take some $$ off the price . They sell them on there sight for
FLAT FACE COUPLERS QUICK BOBCAT Skid Steer
$51.00 might save you some :thumbsup:

/ grapple not what they said ! #95  
First One,
I was looking at the 60" that you have but I think the 72" with the 1/2" tines would work best for me. It will go on a JD 5425 81hp with 3000 lb of lift as well as a Kubota L5450 60 HP with a 2500 lb of lift. So I am not worried about a 700 lb grapple. As far as what it will be used for, it will be on cattle operation doing everything from brush/root removal to moving fallen trees. I need something fairly stout but don't want to get into the Anbo price range. I'm looking forward to what you find with the center punch.

/ grapple not what they said ! #96  
I find it interesting that Titanskidsteer has not responded to the questioning of the type of steel they use. Titanskidsteer, what say you? I know you monitor TBN. Please comment.

/ grapple not what they said ! #97  

You can use that same punch just test another metal for "comparison". Like somewhere else maybe on the loader bucket.

But if you whacked it with a maul, and hardly anything...its probabally t1
Unless your hammer blows are calibrated you will need an automatic center punch to get a good comparison. You dont need a big one. I used a little pencil sized one for my tests. Put a good point on it [be real careful to not overheat the tip] and check it after the T1. If its a cheap punch it may lose its point on the T1. A top quality punch holds its point well on TI ... just doesnt poke in much.

/ grapple not what they said ! #98  
Unless your hammer blows are calibrated you will need an automatic center punch to get a good comparison.

Yes, my left arm and one of my hammers are both calibrated:D

/ grapple not what they said ! #99  
How is yours holding up, now that you have had it. I too am looking to buy a grapple, but when i read all these negative reports, kind of makes you wonder.

/ grapple not what they said ! #100  
Good morning everyone,

We have listened to you and we have made some changes to our policies and procedures to better serve you our customers. Click this link to see our policies: Store Policy

We are phasing out the T-1 in our rakes and will be using grade 80 steel with gusseted lower teeth. The new models will perform better and last longer.

In 2013 we will be adding more top name brand attachments to our lineup as well as more value packed Titan brand items. See the John Deere Style line here: John Deere style Attachments | palletforks.com

Happy Holidays to all!
SG Small.jpg
1YW small.jpg