Grapple Grapple Suggestions

/ Grapple Suggestions #11  
The design is a combination of something I drew up and what the young fellow at the welding shop envisioned. He was particularly pleased with the "tongue".

I know for a fact it saved the grill/radiator at least once. The basic guard is OEM on my tractor. The expanded metal & tongue were added.

/ Grapple Suggestions #12  
Looks really nice. You should think about marketing it.

/ Grapple Suggestions #14  
Check out the EA Root Rake Grapple. Sounds like it would be ideal for what you want to do. Mine is very strong and well made.

/ Grapple Suggestions
Does the loader have a SSQA or the Kubota Quick Attach?

Did you look at the 37" opening Single Lid Wicked Root Grapple made by EA, that Snowback linked to?

It has a lower tine profile that will do what you want to do, just curl down an drive forward. :thumbsup:

View attachment 470385

View attachment 470386

I do have the quick attach on the loader, and the 3rd function hydraulics so that's all ready to go.

I like the weight and tine spacing on that Wicked Grapple, but I'm thinking that if I tilt it up to get the teeth under the manure mat for scraping it will tend to want to dig into the floor. That little 6" flat doesn't seem like it would support the weight without digging in.

The Anbo UT-S model I was looking at seems like it might work better for that job:

UT-S Utility Grapple for 1-35 horsepower machines
Anbo UT-S.jpg
At 440lbs its a little heavier than the EA Wicked but still comparable to a 72" bucket, and the tine spacing is a little wider but probably acceptable at 8". Convince me that the dig in issue when tilting isn't a problem and I might prefer the EA.

In a perfect world it'd be nice to have something with beefier tines without the cross support like one from TheRakeShop:
www.TheRakeShop.com / Root Rakes Grapples Attachments & Skid Steers
Rake Shop Grapple.jpg
I couldn't get a response from them when I asked for specs and price but it looks like its probably too heavy.

/ Grapple Suggestions #16  
---------------

I like the weight and tine spacing on that Wicked Grapple, but I'm thinking that if I tilt it up to get the teeth under the manure mat for scraping it will tend to want to dig into the floor. That little 6" flat doesn't seem like it would support the weight without digging in.

-------- Convince me that the dig in issue when tilting isn't a problem and I might prefer the EA.

-----------------
The 6" flat points don't support any weight, The loader arms support the weight and should not move down as you are going forward.

The angle on the EA Wicked angle looks about the same as my Monster Grapple. I use it a lot with the flat parallel to the ground, pushing under things to pick it up.

I was going to try it on some old hay at the feeder and get pictures, but it started raining. :mad:

Loflin MG.jpg

P4110001.JPG