grapple weld on chain hooks?

/ grapple weld on chain hooks? #1  

RoyKing

Platinum Member
Tractor
M7060HSC/18, RTV-X1100C
Planning on adding some weld on chain hooks on my bucket and pallet frame, but has anybody done that on their grapples?

/ grapple weld on chain hooks? #2  
My EA grapple came with them... so yes it’s definitely possible.

/ grapple weld on chain hooks?
The wicked doesn't show any where are yours

/ grapple weld on chain hooks? #4  
I have a logging grapple I wanted hooks on. I couldn't find a good place for weld on hooks. They would either be to exposed or in a poor position. So the first plan was to drill a couple 3/4" holes and use shackles. But drilling with a hand drill was a no-go in the hardened steel so I welded on a couple lugs I made. I can use a shackle for a slip connection or a grab link for a grab connection. This a a different type grapple than most of you have but it might give you some ideas.

FrostBite4.JPG

P1180666.JPG

P1180672.JPG

P1180683.JPG

gg

/ grapple weld on chain hooks? #7  
Added 1 to the actual lid, probably not advisable but it hasn't caused any problems so far and has been handy for sure.

Attachments

• Rhino grapple mod 8.jpg
    Rhino grapple mod 8.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 126
   / grapple weld on chain hooks?
Thanks to everybody who posted your pics

Merry. Xmas

/ grapple weld on chain hooks? #9  
Planning on adding some weld on chain hooks on my bucket and pallet frame, but has anybody done that on their grapples?

Always add 3 weld-on chain hooks to all buckets but had not thought of doing so to my grapple. Thanks for the idea.

I will do so now.

FWIW, weld-on chain hooks are available from TISCO if your dealer does not stock them.

SDT

/ grapple weld on chain hooks? #10  
I put Ken's bolt on hooks on my L3200 bucket & they worked great. But I quickly realized I'd grab my pallet forks if I needed to use chain. I'd just hook the chain hooks to flat bar on the fork frame. No need for hooks there. I havent bothered with bucket hooks on the new L4060 & still just use the pallet forks.

There are just more places & angles to hook chain on the forks compared to a pair of bucket hooks. Not to mention the long forks hanging out there to wrap chain on. Better visibility too.