Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Grapples make lousey snow plows oh well.

/ Grapples make lousey snow plows oh well.
I like the Anbo grapple/root rake and it is built very well but is light weight. It would be nice to have the lower tines longer like a Markham grapple but there is a trade off which is more weight. I have found the Anbo to be awesome and great to work with and makes brush work a breeze. The Anbo only weigh less than 400# and is made out of AR 400 steel and this allows them to make it lighter and still keep it strong. I think the other nice thing about the Anbo is being able to back rake, I think you can see that in 1 of the pics in the previous posts.

/ Grapples make lousey snow plows oh well. #12  
Thats what I thought would be good with this style you can roll it over and go in and rake out between trees. Rake up a pile clamp and haul to a burn pile! That is this years plan anyway. Wish I could find a used one but not looking good. Thanks for the info!

Dex you think it would be better to have long tines on the bottom? I thought that was the idea of this style you can rake forward with it also, no?

Thats what I thought would be good with this style you can roll it over and go in and rake out between trees. Rake up a pile clamp and haul to a burn pile! That is this years plan anyway. Wish I could find a used one but not looking good. Thanks for the info!

Dex you think it would be better to have long tines on the bottom? I thought that was the idea of this style you can rake forward with it also, no?

What I think you lose is that when you open the Anbo everything falls out so if you want to add to what you have grabbed you have to dump it onto the pile and grab that. It is a trade off that I gladly accept and doesnt really pose a problem but I want to point out any thing that may be an issue for someone. If I had to choose again and had the choice I would grab the used Anbo again. You are right that the backing is a great feature.

I normally clear a lot of brush in the winter time. It is so wet and muddy here that I cant use the grapple to clear the brush. There hasn't been any more tree breaking snow storms (thanks to me buying a new diesel generator) all I can do is wait for it to dry up and then the grass will start to grow. Oh well. I really have nothing to complain about.