Grappling fun - A Picture Thread....

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,791  
Pushing the limits of my machine trying to move this log. Took a couple of tries to get the grapple to grab a hold of the log because it was so big. Finally got it to set on the tines and the grapple tone locked onto a protruding knot. Unfortunately this allowed the log to rotate slightly which came into play when I was headed down the hill. Unloading an Ash log - YouTube

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,792  
Pretty much the max Cord. I like the movie makers reaction. :laughing:

gg

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,793  
Pushing the limits of my machine trying to move this log. Took a couple of tries to get the grapple to grab a hold of the log because it was so big. Finally got it to set on the tines and the grapple tone locked onto a protruding knot. Unfortunately this allowed the log to rotate slightly which came into play when I was headed down the hill. Unloading an Ash log - YouTube

That is impressive. Nice job :thumbsup:

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,794  
I like the movie makers reaction. :laughing:

gg

Yes, I find that I can reach her limit well before mine. I could feel it was tail light when I picked the log and figured it may tip on the slope. I wanted to carry the load even lower, but also didn't want to drag it on the ground. Only took up a 6" piece of turf which wasn't too bad. The biggest thing is to resist the urge to over react and just drive it out. I've seen guys roll machines because they over reacted.

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,795  
Might be a good idea to back it down the hill next time.

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,796  
I think I needed more counterweight lol 20190809_173717.jpg20190809_181537.jpg

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,798  
when you need ballast use what you have around you. this is a 900 lb green, white oak log hanging 6ft off the back off a 700 lb rear blade. kept the rear down very well

IMG_1109.JPG

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,799  

The only thing I would have done different was bang the grapple on the fender of the trailer and dent **** out of it before I did anything else!!!