Gravel Road .. best time to add more Gravel or Road Base to top

/ Gravel Road .. best time to add more Gravel or Road Base to top #21  
CowwFace
I think you are on the road to re-cowvery :)

/ Gravel Road .. best time to add more Gravel or Road Base to top #22  
Hey mjncad,

Crimony... I don't know if I can get the neighbors to throw in on a few hundred bucks of gravel.. can you imagine the looks on their faces when I come to the table with geotextile option... heheheh.

I think the Crown is the key. I think I'm going to have to swallow my pride, and go back out and re-crown the road in the center. I'll be like a monkey in a cage with the neighbors poking me with a stick... "look at the stoopid tractor boy"... GULP!!!!

Thanks for your help MJ,
Phill

Here's a thought for you. Propose the road be repaired with geotextile fabric and when everyone squawks about the cost, feign frustration and say OK, we'll do it without fabric. With luck, the others will think they got a bargain.

Matt

/ Gravel Road .. best time to add more Gravel or Road Base to top
Here's a thought for you. Propose the road be repaired with geotextile fabric and when everyone squawks about the cost, feign frustration and say OK, we'll do it without fabric. With luck, the others will think they got a bargain.

Matt

Hey Matt,

Ahhh, the art of negotiation.. I like it!! Maybe this explains why I pay sticker price for all my cars!! heheeheh.

I tell you, this little project has opened my eyes as to the aspects of social interactions between neighbors. We have one neighbor who's driveway open's up to the private road at the same point the road intersects with the public paved road... I just assumed that they should not have to pay, but one of the other neighbors asked them if they would chip in... Yeowzers.. what did I start?

I did take a little drive around the neighborhood, and ALL of the roads are muddy, if anything our's looks on the better side...???

Why won't people just love me??? <grin>

Phill

/ Gravel Road .. best time to add more Gravel or Road Base to top #24  
Phil:

The funny thing is I haven't mastered the art of negotiation; but I experienced similar circumstances in the engineering world. Propose to do the job super right, then give up the fluff that isn't needed to get the job done right. That way the cheap egos feel they got a bargain, when in reality their getting what is needed all along.

Good luck in whatever you do with the road.

/ Gravel Road .. best time to add more Gravel or Road Base to top #25  
When you finally get it all done, then the kids will be speeding on it, so you might as well go ahead with the speed bumps now while everybody is mad at you anyway. :D