Gravely's

/ Gravely's #11  
Re: Gravely\'s

Just found this site. To add my belated 2 cents worth. I have 5 two wheel Gravelys. The newest is 1959. The 30" mower/bushog will make mulch out of anything that you can get underneath it, and still mow a lawn presentably. My 26" open auger snowblower will put 2' of snow over the telephone poles, at a comfortable slow walking pace, and it really doesn't matter if it is wet or dry snow. My machines are 6.6 HP, also. The rotary plow for the Gravely is the finest machine for prep-ing ground for planting. The three models of older two wheelers came in 3 different speed catagories, the L was fast and good for mowing, the LI was the intermediate model that was fast enough to mow with and still slow enough for snow blowing and rotary plowing, the LS was great for the rough, tough work but a bit slow for mowing.All in all, they are the toughest two wheel workhorses ever made, new ones are still available. I'll get a new one, if these ever wear out before I die.It depends on what area of the country you live, as to availablity of used Gravelys. There are practically none out here in the Pacific Northwest, mine I brought from New England 20 years ago.Sorry for the long post, but I'm a Gravely evangelist!

/ Gravely's

Amen

/ Gravely's #13  

I have 4 Gravely's, 3 of which run, 4th for parts. I have 3 mower decks, 2 tiller/rotary plow/posthole diggers, and a cutter bar. Man they are tough machines. You got to be carefull with them or they will chew you up and spit you out. I used one a few years back to mow my dad's 11 acre pasture. Took me about 2 weeks of evenings to get it finished.

/ Gravely's

Ed you are right about them chewing you up and spitting you out. I go about 260 and that thing of mine can toss me around like a rag doll and I've had the bruises to prove it especially when I got the brush hog caught in a piece of fence that was on the ground.
Solo

/ Gravely's #16  

When I was mowing my dad's pasture, I had the one skid of the mower get caught on the edge of a multi-floral rose bush (I really hate those things), flipped the deck over and headed straight into the center of the bush. I had to let it go, catch it on the other side of the bush, and shut it down to flip the deck back. It seems to chew up just about any thing you can run over.

/ Gravely's

Yes, you can still buy them. Take a look at the Gravely web site. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.Gravely.com/>http://www.Gravely.com/</A> For the 2 wheel walk behinds look in the residential lawn and garden section for pro 2 wheel.
Solo

/ Gravely's

Ed I just looked at your profile we don't live to far apart as the crow flies. I'm in Marion county WV. If I can run it over I can mow it down.
Solo

/ Gravely's #19  

Thanks! - Looks like a well built unit

#985114 16 HP Briggs & Stratton Vanguard $5,649
#985115 8.5 HP Robin Engine $3,999
#985117 13.5 Robin Engine $4,899

List prices seem pretty high. I suppose as with anything,
you get what you pay for.

It was interesting that a local dealer said that they weren't that popular anymore. I seems that those that have these units are not willing to part with them anytime soon.

/ Gravely's #20  

I just checked out your profile as well, did you buy your TC18 at Knight's Farm Supply ? I picked up my brush hog, box blade, and tooth bar there. They seem to have pretty good prices there.