Gravity Farm Diesel Tank, is it worth getting one.

/ Gravity Farm Diesel Tank, is it worth getting one. #31  
Just get a 90 gal transfer tank with a 12v or hand pump. Put it on a wood frame so you can lift it with forks and put it in a trailer/truck. Take that to town and fill as needed. Get aluminum...it wont rust.

/ Gravity Farm Diesel Tank, is it worth getting one. #32  
my last 100 gallon tank with a 12v pump cost me $300.00 used. was too much for what I would do in a year so went to a 50 gallon tank

/ Gravity Farm Diesel Tank, is it worth getting one. #33  
Just get a 90 gal transfer tank with a 12v or hand pump. Put it on a wood frame so you can lift it with forks and put it in a trailer/truck. Take that to town and fill as needed. Get aluminum...it wont rust.
This^

I bought a 105 gallon L shaped tank with 12v pump at an auction for $200.

CT

/ Gravity Farm Diesel Tank, is it worth getting one. #34  
Ok, that is good to know. So lets look at the diesel use, on the L3301 I use about 3 gallons per day, on about 2 days a week, so lets say over 300 gallons a year, and just barely over 200 hours a year. So that seems to just reach the minimum...
wow! thats 1 1/2 gallon a hour. must be a good size tractor. my tractor and mini x both use about a gallon every 2-3hrs

a 100 gallon tank would have to be filled 3 times a year. easy to do in a pickup. or a 300 gallon tank on skids could be put on a trailer to fill

/ Gravity Farm Diesel Tank, is it worth getting one. #35  
wow! thats 1 1/2 gallon a hour. must be a good size tractor. my tractor and mini x both use about a gallon every 2-3hrs

a 100 gallon tank would have to be filled 3 times a year. easy to do in a pickup. or a 300 gallon tank on skids could be put on a trailer to fill
Must be a very small tractor and a very small mini-x ;)

/ Gravity Farm Diesel Tank, is it worth getting one. #36  
I got tired of hauling cans so got a 100 gallon tank, mounted it in a 5 x 8 utility trailer I rarely used, and went with a 12v electric pump. When I did that, I was using about 300 gallons or 3 fills yearly. Then I went crazy helping farmers and started my own. I put a second 100 gallon tank in the trailer. Last year I sometimes burned through over 300 gallons weekly. Very handy as sometimes my equipment might be as far as 15 miles from home. I’m glad I went the portable route no matter how much or little I use.

/ Gravity Farm Diesel Tank, is it worth getting one. #37  

Most diesel tractor engines have a fuel efficiency between about 14 and 17 HP-hrs/gallon at full load, less than that at partial load. 1 1/2 gallons/hour means his tractor has a maximum average load of 21-25 HP.

If you are using 1/2 to 1/3 gallon/hour, that would mean your average load would be no more than about 5-8 HP and that you probably are running engines of less than 30-35 HP in those pieces of equipment, else simply idling would use more fuel than that.