Grease around fittings. . .

/ Grease around fittings. . . #51  
I assure you none of my tractors are in any danger of rusting!!!!

/ Grease around fittings. . . #52  
The way I understand it, on the loader, you have to put enough grease in to push the old dirty grease out, especially in dry, dusty weather when stuff sticks to the grease and gets in there. So I always have plenty of excess. Not every time, but several times a year when greasing I wear nitrile gloves, and schmooze as much excess away ans put it on a paper towel BEFORE greasing. The new stuff that comes out stays, because I don't want to push any dirty grease in there. Again, getting the dirt OUT is even more important than getting the grease IN to lubricate where stuff moves slowly, as in the loader fittings.

/ Grease around fittings. . . #53  
The only grease I use is 5% molybdenum. 20 years in the rental business convinced me it is superior to lithium and does not wash out in the presence of moisture. There are a few instances where it can become a nuisance but my main concern is lubrication and for that it's hard to beat. I admit clean tractors are not a huge concern to me but even I have my limits and occasionally will clean by soaking with Simple Green and washing with a brush and garden hose. Then I grease and go to work. On parade day I may actually get out the Lemon Pledge in pursuit of a plaque!! Did I mention my fleet may be of the 2 cylinder variety and yes they earn their keep.

Last edited:
   / Grease around fittings. . . #54  
Fallon, I've also been wanting to get a hot water pressure washer. Been looking at a lot of different brands but haven't yet purchased. There are lots of different choices and prices, but I think I'm mainly going to focus on the type of pump. If you do get one please inform us of what brand and how you like it.
Thanks, Greg
I picked up a use Mi-T-M HSP-3003-3MGH | Gasoline | Direct Drive | Mi-T-M off Craigslist this weekend. It has

Honda gas engine that does 3,000ps at 3gpm. A hair more volume, but about what you get for a standard cheap home gamer gas pressure washer. Bigger commercial ones will hit 4,000psi, but that's well into paint stripping territory. 120v is well under half the pressure & half the volume. 240v electric would probably have enough power for me. I have plenty of 240v up in the shop, but cant rely on it elsewhere. So I went with gas so I can use it to clean the deck & other stuff.

Assuming it works ok, the old cold gas pressure washer will get sold off in the spring. Its fall in Colorado, so mid 60s during the day & below freezing at night. Will likely wash the tractor & crwaler this weekend, then re-winterize it before evening.

/ Grease around fittings. . . #55  
I picked up a use Mi-T-M HSP-3003-3MGH | Gasoline | Direct Drive | Mi-T-M off Craigslist this weekend. It has

Honda gas engine that does 3,000ps at 3gpm. A hair more volume, but about what you get for a standard cheap home gamer gas pressure washer. Bigger commercial ones will hit 4,000psi, but that's well into paint stripping territory. 120v is well under half the pressure & half the volume. 240v electric would probably have enough power for me. I have plenty of 240v up in the shop, but cant rely on it elsewhere. So I went with gas so I can use it to clean the deck & other stuff.

Assuming it works ok, the old cold gas pressure washer will get sold off in the spring. Its fall in Colorado, so mid 60s during the day & below freezing at night. Will likely wash the tractor & crwaler this weekend, then re-winterize it before evening.
Fallon, It'll be interesting to see/hear how you like that brand, I looked at them also but (new) they were pricey! Seem to have a fairly good reputation though. So it will be interesting to hear how it works out for you. Thanks for keeping me informed; I'm still looking for one and could be swayed toward Mi-T-M if it sounds like a worthwhile, trouble free machine.

/ Grease around fittings. . . #56  
If you grease regular - gotta wipe up regular. Otherwise - gonna look like the tar baby.