Grease fittings

/ Grease fittings #21  
Angle fitting cost fifteen cents and straight are only a dime, they have to save a nickle any place they can. They will sell you an angle fitting at the dealer for fifty cents that you can put in yourself, you don't need to save money.
Smilinjak

/ Grease fittings #22  
Angle fitting cost fifteen cents and straight are only a dime, they have to save a nickle any place they can. They will sell you an angle fitting at the dealer for fifty cents that you can put in yourself, you don't need to save money.
Smilinjak

That Could be. I can get them greased, with a flexible hose coupling, but it is a pain, and you cannot get them at all with a straight pipe on the grease gun. All they would have had to do is put a 45 degree on it. Oh well perhaps I can find some 45 degree zerks with the proper metric thread, or tap my own for 1/8 NPT and put in a generic zerk, or just go get the flexible and struggle with it.. No big deal.

James K0UA

/ Grease fittings #23  
The flexible hose gets into places that can't be accessed with the rigid pipe but rigid has advantages in some places too. We used to have a flex tube inside a sliding rigid pipe years ago in the service station. I haven't seen one in a long time, wonder if they still make them. The recessed loader pins sure would be easier to grease with a rigid pipe but just about everything else is better served with the flex tube.
Be sure to use a plug tap if you re-tap for 1/8 pipe so you don't run into the pin and break your tap. If the pin is out there is no problen, if you are tapping something other than a pin boss be sure you aren't running into something hidden internally.
Smilinjak