Grease Gun and a Screwdriver

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #201  
Fascinated by this thread, I went to the workshop to look at my greasegun. The nozzle has some very shallow knurling - certainly not the sort of roughness one would expect to be manipulated with grease around.

It took a lot of effort with channel-lock pliers and a vice to loosen the nozzle tip. I get the feeling that the knurling was more cosmetic than intended to be functional and that the tip was not intended to be loosened.

I decided to do a bit more Googling on the subject and found this

Grease gun removal demo - YouTube

Back to the workshop to try this method. Works perfectly with my grease gun.

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #203  
I will be 76 in Feb and this news to me. I just greased my BX24. I recommend the LockNLube coupler.

I'm near 77. But I learned about LockNLube 2 years ago, so I (gladly) concede the 'honor' to altoonapillarrock. That 'honor' will soon be bashed though... I recently bought another one as a just-because gift for an older gentleman of 82 years old. It's looking like I'll have to install it on his grease gun with it though. Two months later and he still hasn't put it on his grease gun. A 10 minute task that I'll gladly do for him... Moral of that story is that we're never too old to learn.

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #204  
I'm near 77. But I learned about LockNLube 2 years ago, so I (gladly) concede the 'honor' to altoonapillarrock. That 'honor' will soon be bashed though... I recently bought another one as a just-because gift for an older gentleman of 82 years old. It's looking like I'll have to install it on his grease gun with it though. Two months later and he still hasn't put it on his grease gun. A 10 minute task that I'll gladly do for him... Moral of that story is that we're never too old to learn.

It’s amazing how often I discover I have been doing things the hard way for decades. You get that 82 year old gentleman hooked up and on the path to easy greasing,