Grease gun ?

/ Grease gun ? #11  
One problem I always had was tightning and loosening the tip on the gun onto the fitting. Even with a nurled tip, it is difficult to twist the end with greasy fingers.

I solved it by installing a 1/2 inch hose clamp on the tip. The protrusion where the screw resides provides a nice lever-arm to torque the tip on and off the fitting.

/ Grease gun ? #12  
I've been through quite a few air grease guns and can't recomend a single one, including the brands and models listed already. They just don't hold up to daily use. I either have to spend the big money and get a commercial setup, or abandon the idea of an air grease gun. I'm hesitant on the battery units for the same reason. I question how long they will last if I use it every day?

My solution is to have two hand pump cheapy grease guns. There might be a better quality model out there, but I've found they all work about the same. I like the models with the handle that is held in place with the bracket, not the notch at the end. The bracket allows you to pull it out halfway if you want.

The reason I have more then one is to keep a flexible hose on one and a solid line on the other. The flexible line is good for tight spots, but it's terrible for anything else. Holding that stupid tube in place and pumping the grease gun takes three hands. With the solid tube, all you need is two hands. It's quick, easy and simple.

I've been using those two hand pumps for most of last year and will probably just keep on doing it this way. No more delays messing with airguns that quit working. No more pulling out the air hose. I just grab the gun, grease the fittings and get to work. Sometimes the simple way is the best way.

Eddie

/ Grease gun ? #13  
One other option... NAPA makes a great little pneumatic grease gun for under $100 if I remember correctly. I had one for over 3 years and use it all the time Not a lick of problems. Congratulations on your new machine!!!

/ Grease gun ? #14  
EddieWalker said:
My solution is to have two hand pump cheapy grease guns. There might be a better quality model out there, but I've found they all work about the same. I like the models with the handle that is held in place with the bracket, not the notch at the end. The bracket allows you to pull it out halfway if you want. Eddie

Eddie.. i do the same.

I have 2 grease guns.. a napa unit with a hand lever, .. it has a flexible hose on it. i also have a hand grip unit from TSC with a fixed short pipe end with nozzle. Both have the notch at the end to hold the handle when it is pulled out.

have had the TSC one for 2-3 ys.. had the napa one for 8ys now..

Soundguy

/ Grease gun ? #15  
This problem is simple. Just hold the tip on the fitting and have the grandson pump the grease gun!

/ Grease gun ?
GaryE said:
One other option... NAPA makes a great little pneumatic grease gun for under $100 if I remember correctly. I had one for over 3 years and use it all the time Not a lick of problems. Congratulations on your new machine!!!
I was at my local NAPA today seeing who has what for guns. They had a pneumatic one, they wanted $42.00 for it. I wonder if it is the same one, big price difference.

/ Grease gun ?
GaryE said:
Jim,

This is the one I have....

NAPAョ Online
Gary, I don't believe that is the one I saw today. It looked similar, but was limited to 60psi if you were using the 12" flex line. It could use up to 120psi if you were using the 6" steel line. The one you posted looks like it could take 150psi with the flex line. Or am I mistaken? What air pressure do you run yours at?

/ Grease gun ?
txdon said:
This is the cordless 12v Lincoln I have. I bought only one battery and I'm still using it almost 3 years now with no signs of old age. This is also the same price I paid for it. It makes greasing fun!

It has a 5 star review!

Lincoln cordless grease guns, dispensers, and supplies.
I have heard good things about the full line of Lincoln grease guns. There is only one place locally that carries this unit, they wanted $219.00 for it !!! Maybe it is time to do more online shopping. :)