Grease shortage

/ Grease shortage #71  
So here we go again. Polyurea grease in MY area sold out ”indefinitely”.
No John Deere Green polyurea or Lucas green polyurea grease anywhere.
Checked everywhere, box stores, hardware stores, farm stores, tractor dealers. Nothing, zip, nada.

I have 2 automatic greasers I have to keep loaded with grease or Hay Dude makes no hay.

So the question is, what type of grease mixes with polyurea grease without clogging issues?
Things are getting desperate.
I believe I have the answer to your grease problem that will solve it forever.
I switched to a "custom grease" that is distributed by a friend of mine locally who also offers "oil analyses" {you can do the same thing with grease} and he supplies lubricants to other countries as well -- Venezuela, Canada etc.
Let me know if you want more info.
jeking@cablelynx.com

/ Grease shortage #72  
Checked everywhere, box stores, hardware stores, farm stores, tractor dealers. Nothing, zip, nada.

I have 2 automatic greasers I have to keep loaded with grease or Hay Dude makes no hay.

So the question is, what type of grease mixes with polyurea grease without clogging issues?
heres you a link for some. John Deere Multi-Purpose SD Polyurea Gun Grease TY6341 | eBay

/ Grease shortage #73  

I'm not aware that a shortage of AMSOIL synthetic greases exists. See Amsoil Synthetic Oil in Abbotsford, BC | Rudy Hiebert

Attachments

• gptr2-cr.jpg
    gptr2-cr.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 63
   / Grease shortage #75  
I had this 'no grease' problem a while, maybe a year or 2 ago. Bought a bunch, not enough for the OP but a lot for me.
I have been praying more lately, works for me.

/ Grease shortage #76  
I spoke with a couple other farmers in my area. Both told me what I already (kinda) knew.
Stock up in the winter.

You would think grease would be something that the manufacturers would have plenty of during the warmer months when its more in demand, but I guess thats the downside of Capitalism????
We don't have free-market capitalism, we have crony capitalism. That's the problem.

/ Grease shortage #77  
Wolf's Head Red Grease NLGI #2 is lithium complex which is compatible with most other greases. It's on Amazon today for $55.75 for a case. I couldn't believe the Lucas green jumped to $175/case. I still have a pretty good stash of Lucas green for now but I just ordered two cases of Wolf's head red for my tractor implements.

Here's the link for Wolf's Head red: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FZYJT0C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

/ Grease shortage #78  
Will John Deere corn head grease work? It is softer than the Ty6341 polyurea and is also a polyurea thickened grease. Part number is AN102562. Not sure of availability at deere but Amazon shows case of 10 for $84.71
John Deere Corn Head Grease is NLGI grade 0. Most farm equipment with ball & roller bearings, pivot pins in bushings, require Grade 2, and much thicker grease. I use JD Corn Head Grease in gearboxes subject to leaking, same reason JD selected it for use in the gearboxes on their corn heads when they couldn't get seals to hold 80W-90 gear lube.

/ Grease shortage #79  
Yeah,. possibly.

So far, it’s easier to send one of my kids out to buy a few remaining tubes from the 5-10 places than lug a 5G bucket up a ladder.
Ever consider having a growth mindset? honestly you have options that could save you money and get you the greese you want now to me we have given great options but you shoot us down.

your desired option is $$$$$ or unobtainable asI see it, but that 5 gallon bucket looks like a great option.

you put a 30 40 50 foot hose on that bucket... no more carring 5 gallon bucket. shoot you could mount it on the bailer and or bed of the truck, pick it up on day one and last day when it's empty.

additionally most bulk options have options to refill tubes, so you can still do it the way you want, just refill the tube. I've seen bulk options in 30 and 55 gallon drums too maybe not this greese but seen plenty of others

I wouldn't be shocked if that system had an easy way to bulk fill it via a port or line on its reservoir as well, besides just the tube option.

good luck

/ Grease shortage
Ever consider having a growth mindset? honestly you have options that could save you money and get you the greese you want now to me we have given great options but you shoot us down.

your desired option is $$$$$ or unobtainable asI see it, but that 5 gallon bucket looks like a great option.

you put a 30 40 50 foot hose on that bucket... no more carring 5 gallon bucket. shoot you could mount it on the bailer and or bed of the truck, pick it up on day one and last day when it's empty.

additionally most bulk options have options to refill tubes, so you can still do it the way you want, just refill the tube. I've seen bulk options in 30 and 55 gallon drums too maybe not this greese but seen plenty of others

I wouldn't be shocked if that system had an easy way to bulk fill it via a port or line on its reservoir as well, besides just the tube option.

good luck

As I posted before. We ordered grease, less than the order has arrived. Another batch came today.
I think we are out of the danger zone.

I’d rather hunt around for the same grease and not take any risks, than change greases.

It’s fine. It’ll be a hassle for a while and I have to learn to purchase a LOT extra next time it’s plentiful