Grease stain removal

/ Grease stain removal #1  

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100E Kubota L 2501 Kubota T1460
Now that my land clearing is pretty much done Id like to clean up my tractor, its shy of 200 hundred hours but because water was like gold on my property I wasnt able to keep it as clean as I would have liked.

I did powerwash it a few times with a small greenworks ( lowes cheap ) washer and that worked great but it also blew off alot of the grease that was in between the joints and splatter it all over the chassis.

I havent tried anything yet and Im assuming maybe a purple power or simply green might work but Id rather not experiment.

Anyone know of a surefire something that I can put in my washbucket, rub not so vigorously and just rinse/expect all that Kubota grease to just disappear?

Lots of knicks/scratches, at least one small ding in the hood and yes I know its a tractor but it was expensive so I wish now that it looked like new again.

/ Grease stain removal #2  
I use Dawn 4X dish washing liquid for a lot of things, even removing grease stains from my shop clothes.

/ Grease stain removal #3  
Turtle Wax makes good cleaner.

/ Grease stain removal #4  
Spot treat the greasy areas with WD-40. It works much better as a cleaner then a rust penetrant.

/ Grease stain removal #5  
Spot treat the greasy areas with WD-40. It works much better as a cleaner then a rust penetrant.

x2 on WD40. It safe on the paint as well. Back in the day... I often used kerosene, but WD40 is a lot easier to use with less wipe-up.

/ Grease stain removal #6  
I know its a little expensive but Brake Clean works good.. its 1.94 a can at Walmart.. Go get yourself a case..

/ Grease stain removal #7  
Gotta be careful with some chemicals on painted surfaces. Some will eat the paint as fast as the goop. And then there are the plastics.

I've used Gunk with pretty good results. It's intended for greasy engine areas (which of course are painted).

Another trick I've found that works as well as most others is that scrubbing bubble bathroom cleaner. It even takes splattered bug guts off grills and headlights better than most other specialty products.

/ Grease stain removal #8  
I usually wipe down greasy pins and joints (remove excess grease) on FEl before wash.... Simple Green last time.... Environmentally friendly too...

Dale

/ Grease stain removal #9  
WD-40 works great as a grease cleaner, and also works great for cleaning the grease off your hands after a grease job. I buy gallon cans of WD-40 and put it in pump spray bottles. Much cheaper than buying individual spray cans, although I keep spray cans in the vehicles.

/ Grease stain removal #10  
Now that my land clearing is pretty much done Id like to clean up my tractor, its shy of 200 hundred hours but because water was like gold on my property I wasnt able to keep it as clean as I would have liked.

I did powerwash it a few times with a small greenworks ( lowes cheap ) washer and that worked great but it also blew off alot of the grease that was in between the joints and splatter it all over the chassis.

I havent tried anything yet and Im assuming maybe a purple power or simply green might work but Id rather not experiment.

Anyone know of a surefire something that I can put in my washbucket, rub not so vigorously and just rinse/expect all that Kubota grease to just disappear?

Lots of knicks/scratches, at least one small ding in the hood and yes I know its a tractor but it was expensive so I wish now that it looked like new again.

The problem with ALL cold water pressure washers is that they tend to just redistribute grease blobs on your tractor.
A HOT pressure washer is the answer, but they are quite spendy.
I have a 40+ year old 1,000 pound HOTSY, and it is much better on grease than my cold water 3,500 psi Cat pump Honda.