Greasy Business

/ Greasy Business #1  

Double 00 Soul

Silver Member
Tractor
B3030
I have a B3030 with a 1271R tiller. The driveshaft for the tiller is a Wallenstein. The manual for the tiller shows a grease zerk in the middle of the shaft but there's no cutout in the middle of the plastic covering the shaft.

Does anyone know if there's a grease fitting in the middle of the shaft? Does anyone have a similar setup and if so, how do you get the plastic covering off to see if there's a grease fitting?

The dealer said he doesn't "think" there's a fitting there if there's no cutout on the plastic. That's not good enough, if there's a fitting there I want to grease it.

Thanks for any help you can give on this.

/ Greasy Business #2  
I belive that is a typo cause in order to grease the PTO shaft you have to pull the PTO shaft apart to grease it by hand.

/ Greasy Business #3  
Ditto. Never seen a zerk mounted on the PTO shaft. U-Joint ends, yes. I've always pulled the shaft apart and greased the male half.

If you want to know for sure, you can always pull the shaft apart and remove the plastic guard from the female half and check.

/ Greasy Business #4  
On second thought, don't check for the zerk. If the cover doesn't have a way to reach the zerk, and you have to pull the shaft apart to remove the plastic sleeve to get to a zerk, it kinda defeats the purpose of having one in the first place.