Great VOIP (telephone) Service, Update after one year

/ Great VOIP (telephone) Service, Update after one year #11  
Yeah, I have bluetooth head sets as well. I have two that I keep in my work van and use one as the other is charging. When I am home I prefer an old school home. I do not know if the whole cell phone radiation thing has much merit or not, but this option is free (if you have high speed) so it a great option. My wife and I both are self employed too, and we have to do occasion faxing, and this setup is the easiest way to fax.
Dave

I'm not talking about a Bluetooth handset. I'm talking about an actual home phone, the cordless type that has Bluetooth built in that will connect to a cell phone.

/ Great VOIP (telephone) Service, Update after one year
I understand that the 911 service is important to many people. For me, we were gonna cancel our home phone service completely and just use our cell phones. This system allowed us to keep our many years old land going as usual (except for 911) for totally FREE after the small initial investment. This even includes long distance and a basic caller id.
I am trying to get the word out there about a great resource that very few people know about. These little devices uses take advantage of the free Google voice the way I set mine up, but they are not tied to GV. You can use them with many different VOIP service and most to have 911 service. The really slick way is to use two VOIPs, with GV being the main, and CallCentric as the 911. Callcentric is a $1.50 a month and cost per call after that. The obihai will then route 911 thru to Callcentric and all other calls go to GV.
Here is a setup that I found for this kind of configuration.
OBi with Google Voice and 911 Working - faded.org
Dave

/ Great VOIP (telephone) Service, Update after one year #14  
I have been using the basic talk from walmart. I have had it about 3 weeks now and it works great. UNlimted calling all over the U.S. for 9.95 + taxes. My bill is 12.85 a month. Glad I was to cut AT&T off. I even kept my land line phone number.

/ Great VOIP (telephone) Service, Update after one year
That setup from Walmart is pretty interesting. I assume it runs as a Sprint MVNO, but I am not sure. Here where I am, Sprint was not great, but with a permanent system and stationary antenna it would work for most locations. My main point of this thread is to open people's eyes to other options for phone besides old school "legacy" technology. This setup with GV, or even the Walmart system are a few examples.
Another example is what I setup for my daughters phone. I setup a T-mobile plan that has 5 gig of data, unlimited text, but only 100 minutes. This plan is $30, so super cheap. If you are in a strong data area, you can use the GooveIP app. It use GV to make voice calls over your data plan. It works pretty darn well. She saves the 100 minutes she has for when she is in rural areas and uses the GrooveIp app most of the time.
I have been trying to cut down my out going cash flow as much as possible, to try and pay down our mortgage. This has turned into a hobby of mine on ways I can save.
Dave