Green 435 string tie issues.

/ Green 435 string tie issues. #1  

toplink

Tractor
John Deere 2030, 6320, 720D, 455, 322
Been a while since I posted up on here, so hi folks!
I'm in the middle of trying to get up my spring cutting, and I have had a heap of trouble with my aging 435 baler. The Frankenstein wrap systen has been at the root of it, with the material getting wound up on the feed rollers. Began intermitently, and when I began baling yesterday it missed the first three bales. Having no time to waste on it I switched the baler back to string tie with hopes of at least getting what I had cut rolled up. I followed the JD manul and checked every setting and maint. proceedure that could be related to the wrap system, so I'm out of the wrap business for now. Which brings me to my current dilema. The baler is wrapping with string just fine, but when the tie tubes return home and trigger the knife, the strings are to (baler left) the side of the knife causing it to just simply miss the string. I have read the manual et naseum trying to figure this issue, and cannot come up with a solution. I solved it yesterday by shutting of the pto after each bale, climbing down, snipping the twine, dumping and moving along. It added a considerable amount of time to my day as you might suspect.
I would love to hear from anyone owning one of these balers or having had this issue. Its as if there is a guide missing that keeps the string running across the anvil, but the manual speaks of no such item, nor does the troublshooting section mention this issue.
What am I doing wrong?

Tim

/ Green 435 string tie issues. #2  
I think your balers LH side twine guide must be bent. I've witnessed the belts hanging on guide bending the guide when belt tension roller is lowered tightening belts when gate is closed. If you want to try to fix netwrap problems I will try to assist you. It's been many yrs since I baled hay with a JD 435 with netwrap but I think I'll remember it's quirks.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    11.1 KB · Views: 124