GREEN, GREEN GRASS

/ GREEN, GREEN GRASS #11  
Jay, I had one of, if not the, best garden in the area. Always had far more than we could use, can, freeze, or give away. Now, whether the timing of the planting had anything to do with that is open to question. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ GREEN, GREEN GRASS #12  
Las Vegas gets it water supply from the Colorado river and dam's built on the river. It may be in desert country but the supply comes from elswhere in the high country.

Water just may be the most precious resource we have!

Egon

/ GREEN, GREEN GRASS #13  
Here in the Pittsburgh area, we're in our 6th month of April.
I heard it's the 4th wettest year on record here.
Grass is still green (out to mow in an hour). I think I may have put a little too much urea on this spring so that's kept it green and growing as well.

/ GREEN, GREEN GRASS
SAME UP HERE IN WESTERN NY. never really dries out, it has not rained for 6 days now, but the ground is so saturated i still have standing water in some spots.

/ GREEN, GREEN GRASS #16  
Frank,
I was born and raised right next door to you (Derby/Angola).
The grapes are probably loving it but I know of nobody/nothing else in that area that is. It's been a struggle all year in your area to get the hay in. My aunt lives N. of Buffalo and didn't get her first cutting in until the July 4th weekend.

/ GREEN, GREEN GRASS
SMALL, SMALL WORLD! ACTUALLY i live in DERBY, BUT OF COURSE I HAVE ONLY BEEN HERE SINCE 1942 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif a lot of the produce is loving the wet summer but the lack of sunshine all summer has adverse affects on somethings. not only has it been one of the wettest summers but also one of the most cloudy. you ever get back up this way give me a shout,

/ GREEN, GREEN GRASS
yep i know EGON, my son lives in LAS VEGAS AND ONE OF MY DAUGHTERS LIVES IN PHOENIX. they pay so much for water it makes me sick. i will take our rain, and snow and they can have the drought and 110 deg . /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ GREEN, GREEN GRASS #19  
<font color="blue"> "How are the rest of you guys doing with the rain?" </font>

It's rained enough to let the cows graze the yard twice this summer. The last couple of summers I just left the brown weeds stay to keep the dust down. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ GREEN, GREEN GRASS #20  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Jay, I had one of, if not the, best garden in the area. Always had far more than we could use, can, freeze, or give away. Now, whether the timing of the planting had anything to do with that is open to question. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif )</font>

My neighbors garden is doing the same and I know that he doesn't read the Farmers Almanac. In fact, he doesn't read much of anything beyond the price of the cereal box at the store. Call me a cynic, but I prefer Junkman /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif