Green or Orange ....can't decide

/ Green or Orange ....can't decide #11  
A tractor got to know its limitations.

/ Green or Orange ....can't decide #12  
i went kubota because of the room on the floor because i am tall, the 0% for 60 was right for me,plus factory cab in the hp i needed was a $8000 difference. the jd dealer would never call me back, plus kubota was right over the hollow!

/ Green or Orange ....can't decide #13  
I've been looking for quite a while now at the green and orange tractors. We just bought a place with 5 acres that needs a lot of work...dirt FEL work and brush hogging to be exact. I would also like to put in a garden soon but not sure if I need a disc, plow or tiller. I like the green but the orange has the best dealer near me. I just noticed that green is offering 0% for 60 months too...man this makes it hard! I almost setteled on the B2320 but reading all these forums sure makes it hard. Thanks for a great source of info guys...keep up the good work.

Welcome to the forum. A good relationship with the dealer pays big dividends in satisfacton. If you don't like the dealer you will never be pleased with the equipment. When I bought my Kubota L3800 it was from a dealer I had done business with for several years. A comparable Deere was very near the same price but the dealer , only a mile between them, would only sell me a tractor if I begged. I was paying cash. No fianace or trade-in. I'm happy after a year of hard use.
Smilinjak

/ Green or Orange ....can't decide #14  
Sure wish I could help, but you pretty much have it pinned, almost impossible to make the decision based on which is a better tractor. I can't say one is not better than the other, I just sure can't tell it. I do like the 3 speed hydro on the Kubota, but John Deere has nice features too; wish they made a hybrid.

I hate to stray off topic and I know your original post was limited to Kubota and John Deere, but I always recommend looking at all brands with good dealers in your area. My brother bought out of state, but he is a mechanic with a truck and trailer to transport, so there will always be exceptions and I am just speaking in general; good luck.

/ Green or Orange ....can't decide #15  
I've been looking for quite a while now at the green and orange tractors. We just bought a place with 5 acres that needs a lot of work...dirt FEL work and brush hogging to be exact. I would also like to put in a garden soon but not sure if I need a disc, plow or tiller. I like the green but the orange has the best dealer near me. I just noticed that green is offering 0% for 60 months too...man this makes it hard! I almost setteled on the B2320 but reading all these forums sure makes it hard. Thanks for a great source of info guys...keep up the good work.

You might look at the next size larger for a little more horsepower and the 364 loader. It is hard to beat a three range transmission in a compact, unless you go the grand L and get the six!

/ Green or Orange ....can't decide #16  
I have to agree with TripleR, you shouldn't be looking at only two brands, it's a rookie mistake, one I made myself. Both Kubota and JD build their small tractors differently than their big tractors, they're relatively light and more nimble, exactly what a lot of people want, but that might not be what you need.

There are MANY other brands to look at, LS, Kioti, Mahindra etc. Each one (including the B2320 and JD) are better than the rest in one way or another and one of them is the best for you. None of us can tell you which one, you need to go sit on them, drive them, get a feel for the dealers, study the specs and decide what's important for the work you need to do and ask a ton of questions. IMHO, FEL work and plowing call for a heavier tractor and you want a positional 3 pt hitch for tilling.

/ Green or Orange ....can't decide #17  
Welcome to TractorByNet!

I moved your thread to the Buying/Pricing/Comparisons forum. :)

/ Green or Orange ....can't decide #18  
Whats wrong with black and yellow????:stirthepot:

/ Green or Orange ....can't decide #19  
Went orange (B2320), but it's a coin flip. I think financing and dealer experience did it for me.

Someone above said it best, both being good machines: by the end of the first day, you will likely love either one.

I have never had it back to the dealer and it starts, runs, and executes flawlessly. The operator has been the weakest link in the chain. With a lot more time on it now (3 years), I can say the only trouble I have had is stuff that I have caused, mostly running into stuff. The tractor laughs at me, but I love it anyway.

With only 2.5 acres, I have never actually found myself wishing for more power. What I wish for is more attachments. I wish I would have cost-justified the backhoe but it was a big hit for a weekend warrior.

/ Green or Orange ....can't decide #20  
If you are going to spend long, hot hours in the saddle, with lots of loader/ cutter/ box blade/ roto tiller work then think about something very important: COMFORT. Lack of comfort can preempt all other features in a hurry.

I also am looking for another tractor in the 45 to 60 HP class and I am amazed at the differences in comfort, serviceability, dealer friendliness and layout of every control interface.

Everybody sells or has the best tractor---if you don't believe them just ask them.

Today, especially in the compact and sub compact market, a person can't easily ascertain where the unit was made or assembled or who made the engine and drivetrain and most share almost every feature if not parts and are about the same price---except for John Deere, which although painted green, are obviously gold plated underneath.

Another thing to watch out for is this: Just because the tractor you are looking at is shiny and brand new, don't assume it's a 2013 as the dealers are still selling 10's, 11's and 12's as the latest and greatest. If there hasn't been a fundamental model change to differentiate the NEW and improved model, then you are on your own. Some dealers told me that if they got the unit in 2012, then it's a 2012 etc.

Some of these newer tractors just assume you have a diesel tank and will enjoy putting the fuel nozzle on top of the hood, right above a hot engine, into a small automotive type hole---watch for that. A lot of us use a 5 gallon can and it's a tough reach!

Make sure that pushing that clutch pedal in doesn't hurt your knee, or that the HST pedals are easy to use as are the rest of the many levers and switches and make sure you BUTT is happy with your purchase or it will tell you about it:)

Sam:)