GREENWORKS 40V saw - 16" bar

/ GREENWORKS 40V saw - 16" bar #1  

fried1765

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, 8N Ford, Gravely 12 HP "Professional", 48" SCAG Liberty
Does anyone here have a Greenworks 40V saw with 16" bar?

I went to look at the Stihl 16" battery saw, but it has a 1/4" chain.
I want a 3/8" chain, so am looking at the Greenworks (China) brand.
No anti China comments please, just asking for Greenworks quality/usefulness - personal experience info.

/ GREENWORKS 40V saw - 16" bar #2  
I've had one for 2 or 3 years now. Works good and the battery lasts a good while. Now if you want to cut a bunch of fire wood get a 2 cycle saw. The 40 volt is made for lite to medium home owner use. I have cut some good size trees with mine and limbed them out. I just used mine again today, just keep the chain tight and oiled. I gave up on 2 cycle stuff I'm going all battery operated from here on out.

/ GREENWORKS 40V saw - 16" bar #3  
After a lot of reading reviews I went with an Echo ,58 volt,16in.bar.So far working well.Last about an hour of steady cutting.I have a Stihl gas saw for the bigger stuff.

/ GREENWORKS 40V saw - 16" bar
After a lot of reading reviews I went with an Echo ,58 volt,16in.bar.So far working well.Last about an hour of steady cutting.I have a Stihl gas saw for the bigger stuff.

Thanks guys!
I will keep my 40 year old 2 stroke 034 Stihl 16" saw.
It is still a great saw, but I am getting too old (78) for it .

When I burned wood for heat, the 2 stroke saw was the way to go.
That part of my life is now behind me.

/ GREENWORKS 40V saw - 16" bar #5  
I bought a greenworks battery hedge trimmer because I wanted something lighter. I find that it jambs constantly, the motor smokes, and cheapo plastic parts i.e. clear plastic hand guard break off. POS.

My stihl gas hedge trimmer is bullet proof in comparison. Heavy and expensive but reliable and durable. You get what you pay for.

I will never buy anything made by greenworks again.

/ GREENWORKS 40V saw - 16" bar #6  
Thanks guys!
I will keep my 40 year old 2 stroke 034 Stihl 16" saw.
It is still a great saw, but I am getting too old (78) for it .

When I burned wood for heat, the 2 stroke saw was the way to go.
That part of my life is now behind me.

One note;my Echo saw is at least as heavy as my Stihl 018.