Greetings from Athens

/ Greetings from Athens #1  

Turfman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710
Hello guys, I've been here a little over a week now and finally got to an internet cafe to post. Busy time. Interesting country. The tractor of choice seems to be the Ford and ancient ones abound on the work sites. Hope to get to the farming areas on a near weekend and see what's there. Enjoyed catching up on a few of the posts. Be back in September and will be posting again regularly then.

/ Greetings from Athens #2  
Hi Turfman!

Greetings to you in Athens from sunny Arizona! Sorry that there isn't more of a "welcoming committee" here at TBN for you, but at the moment it's the middle of the nite for most of us.

Thanks for thinking of us. Please do keep us posted as to your whereabouts and goings on. We ARE interested.

And of course, we'll all want to "hear all about it" when you get back.

Have a fun and safe journey.

/ Greetings from Athens #3  
Check out the Greek food for us too Turfman.

And let us know if you find any sunny beaches.

Egon

/ Greetings from Athens #4  
Yo Turfman,

Hope you are having fun in Greece. I have a friend working as
the POlice over in Kosova and just got a note from her today.
She is have a good time seeing Europe and ticking off French
Generals or maybe it was vice versa. :cool:

My parents spent some time in Greece a few years ago visiting
some friends. There is an awseome monestary that I think is
in the north of Greece. If you get a some time you really
should see it if you can. If you want more info let me know and
I'll ask the 'rents for more details.

Later,
Dan McCarty

/ Greetings from Athens
The Greek food is great. The worst I've had was at McDonald's when I ordered the Greek Mac. Not good at all.

Walking the Plaka yesterday in the snow I ran into two tractors on job sites, both were internationals with compressors hooked to the three points. Interesting. I'll have to watch to see if I can see one operating.

/ Greetings from Athens #6  
Wow, all the way from Athens. I think you deserve a round of applause just for remembering your password to TBN. Let us know what things are like in Athens. Take Care and have fun, Rat...

/ Greetings from Athens #7  
Hi Turfman, good to hear from you and glad your having a good time. Over here in Vermont we're spinning up for maple season!
Take care

/ Greetings from Athens #8  
Turfman,

What did you do to Greece??? You brought snow over to them /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif ???? Bet you thought you would not be seeing something like that!!!

For those of us on this side of the pond....check out what Turfman did to Greece Snow in Athens

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kevin

/ Greetings from Athens
Yup, worst snow storm in 100 years. I just took my big bag and brought the Utah weather in it. Turned it loose on Thursday and paralyzed the entire country. Made them get out the big JBC TLBs and move snow. It's gone now but all the buildings are dripping on me. I need to buy a hat!

/ Greetings from Athens #10  
This brings back memories. I spent one summer hippying around Greece. Caught the metro to Pireus and jumped on a ferry. Spent all summer island hopping. I wish I was that young again ... nah, maybe not, but things were a lot simpler back then.

Have fun and enjoy the experience. If you ever learn to speak more than a few words of Greek, you're a better man than I was. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif