Greetings from SE PA

/ Greetings from SE PA #1  

c304

Tractor
Kubota M59
Hello,

Just moved to the country from the city and I need a tractor and lots of advice on purchasing, maintenance, and safety.

I have 1 acre of lawn that needs a lot of stump removal, grading, and trenching, plus I have 6 acres of wild woodlands that I want to partially clear out, swapping poison ivy for something prettier and more attractive to wildlife. Also have a very long gravel drive that needs maintenance and snow removal.

Never owned a tractor or even a diesel engine, so I have a lot to learn.

/ Greetings from SE PA #2  
:welcome: to TBN...good folks here lots great advice.

Enjoy.

/ Greetings from SE PA #3  
Welcome to the TBN forum. Glad that you joined.

We will be very happy to spend your money for you.

/ Greetings from SE PA #4  
:welcome: Welcome to the TBN forum!

I'm going to move your thread over to our buying, pricing, and comparisons section. It's a good place to start :)

/ Greetings from SE PA #5  
The good news for you is that you're only a one hour drive away from the biggest and best Kubota dealer on the east coast, Messick's. Check out their videos on YouTube and go give Neil a visit. He'll hook you up with the right machine at a good price.

/ Greetings from SE PA #6  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

As Tractorable suggests; by all means go and talk with the various dealerships. A good one will listen to your situation and then advise you as to what you need. Tractor dealerships are not like a car/vehicle dealership, mostly because tractors last a long time.

Take your time... and enjoy the site.

/ Greetings from SE PA #7  
The good news for you is that you're only a one hour drive away from the biggest and best Kubota dealer on the east coast, Messick's. Check out their videos on YouTube and go give Neil a visit. He'll hook you up with the right machine at a good price.

He's even closer to one in Reading.

/ Greetings from SE PA #8  
Hello,...

I have 1 acre of lawn that needs a lot of stump removal, grading, and trenching, ...

That's not a 'Lawn' yet...

Hello,

Just moved to the country from the city and I need a tractor and lots of advice on purchasing, maintenance, and safety.

I have 1 acre of lawn that needs a lot of stump removal, grading, and trenching, plus I have 6 acres of wild woodlands that I want to partially clear out, swapping poison ivy for something prettier and more attractive to wildlife. Also have a very long gravel drive that needs maintenance and snow removal.

Never owned a tractor or even a diesel engine, so I have a lot to learn.

Ask questions. Always ask questions. One day you'll find you can answer someone else's question!

:welcome:

/ Greetings from SE PA #9  

Ditto, exactly what I was going to say. Fleetwood is a beautiful area, our son lives in Lititz. We always enjoy our trips up there...

/ Greetings from SE PA #10  
Living in Fleetwood you should be able to get to a dealer of any brand in less than an hour. so don't lock yourself into one brand look at them all and buy what is right for you.