Grille Guard Or Not

/ Grille Guard Or Not
Isn't that the truth! I have a buddy who agreed to make me one out of stainless steel for about $50. That wll be about half the cost of one from the factory... and no repainting when it gets nicked. Now I just wonder if expanded mesh across the front would help. The "brush guard that works" on this site sure looks appealing. Maybe stainless will not compliment my B7500 as one colored Kubota orange or grey woud. Wait! A guard is for protection, not show...right?

/ Grille Guard Or Not #12  
I have a grill guard that came with my FEL but somehow I still managed to dent the grill, break the plastic at the top and loose the grill emblem. I wish I had a better grill guard because I know it would have cost a lot less than JD would want for a new grill. On the other hand other than appearance there is not much behind my grill that it protects - just a lot of empty space between it and the radiator so I will not fix it. For $90 I would get the guard though if I were you.

/ Grille Guard Or Not #13  
robertm, I have a NH 1920 and can load a C70 Chevy dump without worrying about a grille guard ( the front bumper hits the tire on the dump and the dump body is higher than the hood) but when I load an F-350 dump I have to be careful as the hood will hit the dump body before the tractor bumper hits the tire.

Bill C

/ Grille Guard Or Not #14  
get the guard! u are spending a lot of money anyhow so an extra $90 should not make that much difference, it is worth it with just one little mishap u will spend more than that./w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

/ Grille Guard Or Not #15  
KIND OF LIKE A LOT PEOPLE WHO BUY A SUV'S. GUARDS ALL OVER THE PLACE BUT THEY NEVER LEAVE THE BLACKTOP. (PARKING ON THE GRASS WHEN GOING TO A PARTY COUNTS AS OFF-ROADING).
IF YOU LIFT THINGS WITH THE LOADER THAT CAN SWING - GOOD PROTECTION. IF YOU ONLY LOAD DIRT - USE THE MONEY FOR SOMETHING ELSE.