GST shuttle question?

/ GST shuttle question? #1  

Dadof3

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota l39
I have a new to me Kubota L39. It is a nice tractor with a few minor issues. The shuttle does not shift (forward to reverse) very smoothly. If I do not shift firmly and slowly I feel a slight grinding of the gears. Also, the lever feels dry and clunky during the shift. Sorry to use vague terms. Here are my questions: 1. Is this normal? 2. Can I make an adjustment to improve it? Will the very slight grinding hurt the tranny? Thanks in advance for the help.

/ GST shuttle question? #2  
I have a new to me Kubota L39. It is a nice tractor with a few minor issues. The shuttle does not shift (forward to reverse) very smoothly. If I do not shift firmly and slowly I feel a slight grinding of the gears. Also, the lever feels dry and clunky during the shift. Sorry to use vague terms. Here are my questions: 1. Is this normal? 2. Can I make an adjustment to improve it? Will the very slight grinding hurt the tranny? Thanks in advance for the help.

Are you coming to a copmlete stop before throwing the shuttle lever? I found doing so really smoothed out that operation on mine.

/ GST shuttle question?
Thanks Baby Grand. I'll try to be more patient.