GT 2000 front axle slop

/ GT 2000 front axle slop #1  

ditzel

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2615 Gear
Just bought a used 2011 gt 2000 with 93 hours on it. Front axle has some slop, I don't think the previous owner ever greased the zerks on the steering or front axle. Anybody have a fix for this?

/ GT 2000 front axle slop #2  
Is the axle flopping around in it's mount or is the problem slop in the steering?

Richard

/ GT 2000 front axle slop
A little of both

/ GT 2000 front axle slop #4  
is that a pressed and welded steel axle, or a cast iron axle?. because what you want is the cast iron axle. there's a fix for craftsman tractors with this problem, and replacing the axle with a cast iron one fixes it!..

/ GT 2000 front axle slop #5  
You will have a little of both. And need a little of both. Cast axles usually don't break unless there the L< LA< D<E series Deere, though possible it could be cracked. Husqvarna and MTD cast axles more wear than anything else, but some will strangely tweak also. They can also wear into the frame portions that mate with the axle. To check for excessive wear, just work your way from the axle back through the linkage to the sector and see where your money is best spent.

/ GT 2000 front axle slop #6  
Just bought a used 2011 gt 2000 with 93 hours on it. Front axle has some slop, I don't think the previous owner ever greased the zerks on the steering or front axle. Anybody have a fix for this?

Cub usually has an adjustment to eliminate movement fore and aft in the front axle pivot. The bolts through the axle to limit its pivoting action are gradually tightened to eliminate any play and still pivot smoothly

Dave

Attachments

• Forum Cub steering.jpg
    Forum Cub steering.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 294
  • Forum Cub steering 2.jpg
    Forum Cub steering 2.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 273
   / GT 2000 front axle slop
Cub usually has an adjustment to eliminate movement fore and aft in the front axle pivot. The bolts through the axle to limit its pivoting action are gradually tightened to eliminate any play and still pivot smoothly

Dave

Thanks Dave, I will give this a try.