GT-2550 Goes Click-Click-Click

/ GT-2550 Goes Click-Click-Click #12  
I know this is an old thread but I believe the OP never did get his Click-Click No Start Problem fixed.

A lot of small equipment had such a problem. John Deere being one of them. John Deere came out with a kit to correct the problem.

1. Do you have a Volt Ohm Meter?

2. Do you know connecting two (2) 12 volt or higher voltage wires together with cause heat, sparks and equipment damage.

3. If unfamiliar with wiring on small equipment seek local help from someone who can apply hands on as well as advise.

4. Obtain a 30 amp lights/horn/accy relay from a local parts house with connections numbered 30-85-86-87 (87a) Some relays have the 87a

5. You will need a 12 volt fuse holder WITH A FUSE.

6. Disconnect the positive battery wire at the battery. The positive battery wire is usually red and the negative wire is black.

7. Determine a location to mount the relay. (When purchasing the relay inquire about one with a mounting bracket built on as a part of the relay.

8. locate the wire coming from the ignition switch to the starter. Usually red or black.

9. Place this wire onto terminal 86 on the relay with a butt connector.

10. Run a wire from a constant 12 volt source containing the fuse holder with fuse to terminal 30 on the relay. Attach this wire with a butt connector. I usually attach the 12 volt source wire using a O butt connector to the power source on the starter solenoid coming to solenoid from the battery.

11. Find a clean location on the frame to install a ground wire and install this on terminal 85 by using a butt connector.

12. Now run a wire from terminal # 87 on the relay by attaching the wire with a butt connector to the terminal on the starter where you removed the wire coming from the ignition switch.

13. If the relay has a 87a discard using and do not attach any wires to it.

14. Recheck you wiring.

15. Reconnect the positive ground cable. A word of caution here. Watch for smoke or wires getting hot with you reattach the positive battery cable. Be ready to jerk the battery cable off if such does happen.

16. If you followed the instruction you should turn the key to start and the relay should collapse sending a true 12 volts to the starter solenoid which will collapse the solenoid and provide battery voltage to the starter which will engage the starter and spin or rotate the engine.

As usual with electrical installations. INSTALL AT YOU OWN RISK.

/ GT-2550 Goes Click-Click-Click #13  
The above recommendation is what I have done with both of my diesel zero turns over the years. It's low cost, effective, and easy enough to wire. I used an over simplified "diagram" that someone here on TBN posted many years ago. I don't know who to give credit to, but it may help visualize the setup.
IMG_2858.jpg