GT Seat Repair

/ GT Seat Repair #1  

snpower

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere GT235, GT 275, 1025R
What are you guys using to patch small rips/tears?

Attachments

• IMG_0021.jpeg
    IMG_0021.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
   / GT Seat Repair #2  
A seat cover.

/ GT Seat Repair
I said repair, not cover/ignore. I have a seat cover.

/ GT Seat Repair #4  
No "repair" that I am aware of. Only replace the seat. (or put a cover over it).

/ GT Seat Repair #7  
I repaired the seat on my JD rider with Plasti Dip. It worked so good. It’s the stuff you dip your plier handles in and stuff. First I got some of the mesh you would use for sheet rock that has adhesive on it. I put that on the tear then coated with the Plasti Dip. I let it dry and put on 4 or 5 coats. It worked very well.

Attachments

• IMG_0870.jpeg
    IMG_0870.jpeg
    35.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0871.jpeg
    IMG_0871.jpeg
    41.4 KB · Views: 40
   / GT Seat Repair #8  
I repaired the seat on my JD rider with Plasti Dip. It worked so good. It’s the stuff you dip your plier handles in and stuff. First I got some of the mesh you would use for sheet rock that has adhesive on it. I put that on the tear then coated with the Plasti Dip. I let it dry and put on 4 or 5 coats. It worked very well.

Attachments

• IMG_0871.jpeg
    IMG_0871.jpeg
    41.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0870.jpeg
    IMG_0870.jpeg
    35.3 KB · Views: 34
   / GT Seat Repair #9  
Didn’t mean to post it twice, buy it the Plasti Dip comes in yellow too.

/ GT Seat Repair #10  
If I were you, I'd buy an aftermarket CLOTH or CORDURA seat and be done with it. I don't like sitting on a vinyl seat, never have, only thing a vinyl seat does is give you a sweaty butt, cracks in cold weather and tends to look awful as they age. In fact, I tossed the OEM vinyl seat on my Kubota M9 open station and replaced it almost immediately with a Cordura seat. Put the vinyl seat on the curb and it vanished... good riddance.