GT235

/ GT235 #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hi,
I'm planning to buy a GT235 in the spring. Does anyone know of any websites where I can get information on and pictures of the tractor? (Other than Deere.com) I drove one the other day, and it's really nice. I've only used a couple of different lawn tractors, mostly MTD and other store brand machines. Man, you can really feel the difference in the Deere. So, I'm looking for feedback from current 235 owners, and opinions from people who have gone through this decision process in the past. It's a lot of money to spend on a lawn mower, but if it's the last tractor I'll every buy, it will be worth it.
Thanks in advance,
Doug

/ GT235 #2  
You might want to page down a bit more on the main page and ask your question in the "Lawn and Garden" section. This section is for Compact and larger tractors. You might get an answer here but you will have better luck in "Lawn and Garden." I saw a something in there about the GT235.

Hope this helps.
Dan

/ GT235
I have a GT235 and it is far more of a tractor then my BX or L35. Everytime I try to turn the BX around in the yard (with loader and rake) it has to backup 20 times. Everytime I try to turn the L35 around in the yard I bash more of the house walls out with the backhoe and loader. So there...

Actually about 99% of us maniacs on this board mow our lawns with 45 hp 12 foot wide mowers...I found a lot of information, some useful, some egotistical and idiotic on "lawn and garden forum" Some of those people get down right testy if you even question any of their comments. Here we argue back and forth (calmly)!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I have one season on my GT235, so far have liked it but am distressed that I had to park it in the other garage, I was walking by the big building one night, heard a bunch of laughing and the GT was on it's side trying to right itself like a beetle. I noticed the L35's backhoe was swung all the way sideways towards the GT. Just as I walked in I think I heard the L35 laughing, but I can't be sure...

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/mowers/

/ GT235 #5  
Re: GT235 more tractor?

Can you clue me in on how a GT235 is more tractor than a BX? I have looked at both, and dont even see them in the same ball park. Correct me if I am wrong, but this is comparing an air cooled V-twin gas engine vs liquid cooled 3 cyl diesel, garden tractor frame vs tractor frame, no power steering vs hydrolic power steering, belt drive deck vs shaft drive, no rear pto or 3pt hitch... the list goes on. Am I missing something? Other than having a tighter turning radius, what makes the GT235 more tractor?

Thanks
-Ben

/ GT235 #7  
Re: GT235 more tractor?

Del doesn't have time to answer. He's out in his front yard aerating his lawn with his L35 backhoe. That's the only thing that he's found the L35 does very well. He's looking forward to this fall when he gets a chance to use it for a leaf rake./w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

JimI