GT2544 PTO always engaged

/ GT2544 PTO always engaged #11  
Theres a bloke on only cub cadets with a bunch of ptos for sale

/ GT2544 PTO always engaged
Thanks Tracter...tried it...no luck. Looks like surgery.

/ GT2544 PTO always engaged #13  
Slow and easy with the PTO removal. If stuck don't start trying to force it off. If you have room use a gear puller after screwing a bolt into the end of the crankshaft to prevent spreading or damaging the end of the crankshaft. I have seen Tech's use a dremel tool to cut their way into where the bearing has welded itself to the crankshaft. Damage the crankshaft and you are looking at an expensive repair. You may want to also replace the front seal while you have the PTO off.

/ GT2544 PTO always engaged #14  
No worries , good luck with the surgery , do not forget to take plenty of fluids after the operation and always thank the nurse

/ GT2544 PTO always engaged
Thanks everyone for your input. Without a doubt the impact wrench was needed. Only issues I ran into was the exhaust house was in the way. just carefully worked around it. Up and running. Thanks again!!!!

/ GT2544 PTO always engaged #16  
I"m not sure how to post on here just yet. Do I need to start my own thread or continue with the previous PTO problem? On my GT2550, with PTO in off position, my mower will start, but the PTO is engaged. When I engage the PTO, the blades stop. It's like something is wired backwards. I looked at the connectors and they can only be plugged in one way. Thanks

/ GT2544 PTO always engaged #17  
Stuberts lucky you, it sounds like a simple $10 PTO switch remove ans replace.