GT2550 Loss of forward speed, sluggish

/ GT2550 Loss of forward speed, sluggish #1  

pedend

Tractor
New Holland TC35D
2010 GT2500 with 400 hours

It will run in forward at normal speed for about 10 minutes then it will begin to get really sluggish to the point of a slow crawl. Reverse works normally.

/ GT2550 Loss of forward speed, sluggish #2  
Was there a recent hydro oil change?...if so jack up rear wheels and after a good warm up exercise transmission forward and reverse a dz times or so.

/ GT2550 Loss of forward speed, sluggish #3  
Would also ck the tranny for overheating - causing oil foaming, etc.... fan may be damaged - of course, keep engine RPM up when operating... tranny oil level up to snuff. if nothing with all above, look into foot pedal linkage problems underneath, especially since you still have reverse. Dunno whether you have one or two pedals on that unit for forward/reverse, but do recall some earlier posts that had similar probs..

/ GT2550 Loss of forward speed, sluggish #4  
Be sure to check your drive belt. They will work fine at first, but once they get hot they will start to slip if they are badly worn. What you described is exactly what mine did before it quit pulling and barely made it into the garage. It also could be problems mentioned above. Check to see if you can rotate the shaft pulley after it's cooled off. If you can it's too loose. It's worn down and when it gets hot it falls deeper into the pully groove thus slipping and mower slowing down. -kid

/ GT2550 Loss of forward speed, sluggish #7  
I'll offer this up from another posters experience... replace your spark plugs.

Spark plugs use to be almost bulletproof...but not anymore.

/ GT2550 Loss of forward speed, sluggish #8  
Change to the Gold or platinum plugs , I put in a pair of platinums and it certainly runs sweeter and appears to have a bit more power